VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All I am going crazy here, I have been trying to get the compete file into fcp of for more hours that I would admit.
    I have a MPEG 4 video file originally from a convergent NANO. I can play the whole clip 13.40 mins on VLC no problem, but as soon as I try to convert in Slipstream or qt7 or compressor none of them can see more than 30 seconds of the clip. So they convert 30 seconds of the clip and no more any suggestions very welcome the original file is about 3.7 gig of material shot on a SOny Ex1
    Quote Quote  
  2. is this from a nanoflash ? it uses mpeg2 not mpeg4 video (ex-1 used mpeg2 as well). Is it packaged in mxf or mp4 wrapper ?

try ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i video.mxf -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mov
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for answering !! I am going nuts here.. yes it is. ok the file says MP4. but ok, great I will try ffmpeg..

thank you.
    HAymaker
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No google cannot find the downloads on this site, IF I do manage to get hold of it what do I do with it ? its a codec right ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi there , is it mpeg2 in mp4 container ? like xdcam native footage ? you can use mediainfo mac to check

ffmpeg is a command line utility that is crossplatform, available on pc/max/linux . For this, all it's doing is re-packaging the contents into a .mov container, which is more compatible for mac platform , and fcp

Here are instructions for almost the same thing, but I'm not sure if the batch method will work on a mac:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/323517-Rewrap-MP4-to-MOV-files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi thanks, poisiondeathray ! will try 'media info as the ffmpeg was a non runner sadly
    Quote Quote