VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am finally getting a REAL MCE remote for my vista pc. I have a handful of remotes but none work just how I want them to.

I am planning on using mce on the desktop itself hooked up to my hdtv. I want to use it directly without extenders so I am looking into more hacks and plugins for mce.

I have MEDIA CONTROL loaded and that does let me play flv videos in mce. That is nice. However I can only advance 30 seconds. I can't fast forward like a normal video file.

Does anyone know of a hack for media center that will enable regular seeking in flv videos in mce? I have vista premium 32bit fyi.

Also any other neat hacks out there I should know about? Thanks.

(my remote is supposed to come tomorrow so I am looking forward to exploring more "tweaks" to mce)
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found a solution!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/912086-configuring-mce-remote-wi...r-classic.html

This is for using a mce remote in mpchc

This works great! I just got my remote this afternoon. It worked right out of the box with the officially recognized ehome ms usb receiver.

It works perfectly in mce AND corel windvd 2010. That surprised me. I didn't expect it to work in corel dvd 2010. Now that I found the guide above I can watch my flvs natively without any conversion or trickery of any type. I can download a video and play it back like I want to. I can still make a dvd if I want of course but now I can watch directly off the computer.

I hope this helps somebody. I know it made it big for me I NOW HAVE A REMOTE THAT DOES EVERYTHING I WANT IT TO ON THE PC!!!

FYI this is the remote I ended up buying on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approve...tent-_-text-_-

I highly recommend it! I've only had it for just over a half an hour and I love it! PERFECTION!
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote