VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I've got several VOB files that I've processed from DV captures. Now I'd like to burn them as DVDs without the inclusion of Menus or Chapters.
    Is there a software out there that will do that for me.
    By the way, I searched the forums and was unable to find any info about doing this.
    Thanks for any help that's offered!
    Cheers,
    Fred
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Processed with WHAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do people create VOB files out of context ?

VOB files should be the result of the authoring process for creating a DVD. This ensures that they are DVD cimpliant, and also makes sure you have all the associated files required to create an actual DVD. Encoding with some one-click wonder like SUPER (or xilisoft *shudder*) et al directly to VOB gives you two things - poor quality output and useless files.

As for no menus/no chapters - again, this is a function of authoring. You choose what features you want, and author accordingly. Even relatively one-click front-ends like AVStoDVD and ConvertXtoDVD allow you to create a DVD with no menu or chapters.

If your current VOB files are actually DVD compliant, you could try DVD Styler or GUIforDVDAuthor to author a valid disc. You may have to demux the files first however.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Guns1nger,
    I'll look into your suggestions.
    Fred
    Quote Quote  
  5. As was mentionned, your VOB's should be DVD compliant if you want them to play on a DVD player. You can "author" a DVD from your VOB's with IFOedit. Then you'll have to burn the disc with software that can do UDF format, the burning function in Windows won't work. You should have a burning program like Nero, Roxio... If not use the free IMGburn. When you go to the download page for those programs look at the bottom of the page for guides.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Imgburn before looking at either Nero or Roxi. Imgburn is small, reliable and burns compliant DVDs. Along with being free, it installs in under 3MB. Roxio and Nero, on the other hand, are 99.9% worthless bloat.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote