VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I need to create a website which sells video subscriptions and I would like to know good solutions for video on demand streaming and hosting.

I'm looking to answer this questions:

- How do you secure it
    - How do you use the logs to limit the BW per user
    - What services do you use for that
    - Any tip that may help me
    - What are the limitations (how do you overcome them?)
    - CDN recommendations
    - Hosting recommendations
    - Anything else...

How did you do it? How would you do it? If you could share your experience, it would be great for me (and probably for many others).

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's your budget? It will cost thousands of US dollars to do what you have listed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

I was thinking in using everything cloud based.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That could even cost more. You are going to produce those vids, correct? So you would have the copyright. You would host those vids on a dedicated server somewhere in the cloud. People would pay you to see those vids. Is that correct?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes you're correct!
    Quote Quote  
  6. What's your budget? How many thousands are you willing to spend?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I have used NetroMedia in the past for a complete Pay-Per-View solution - and was very happy with the service (though my profit slightly less than what I expected to earn). It was a live event - but followed with On-Demand videos.

Answers to your questions:

- How do you secure it

It is secured using their log-in system, together with something called StreamSecure that makes sure people can't copy and share your videos...

- How do you use the logs to limit the BW per user

I think this is a complex request that will probably push the price up. I would not worry about it, and instead price the videos or PPV so that you don't lose regardless of bandwidth costs. Meaning - sell reasonably priced time-based subscriptions (one month, one week, one day etc).

- Any tip that may help me

My one tip would be - get your estimates right (viewers, subscribers etc). That is the key in my opinion to a successful investment in this area, and to reaching a WIN-WIN-WIN situation.

- CDN / Hosting recommendations

NetroMedia operates its own CDN and provides video hosting, so I was covered there.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote