VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Quick question here. I've always used ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn AVI/MKV to DVD. Tonight it caused sync issues so I thought I'd try another program. After some reading, I decided to try AVStoDVD. I waited 2 hours for it to encode the video, and when it finally got to the audio, it crashed. The encoded video quality is phenomenal and I don't want to lose it... I just don't have any audio. I still want this final product to reach a DVD.

Right now I have a 3.7GB .m2v

It was going to end up on a standard single-layer DVD.

What can I do to rip the source audio to fit the remainder of the dvd, combine it with the video, and produce DVD-ready files so I can burn it?

I've done a bit of this stuff in the past, but I'm really lost here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi arcooke,

could you please post the log file of the crashed project?

Thanks

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It turns out after I closed the command prompt window doing the audio work, avstodvd resumed and finished doing everything. Tested everything out.. perfectly in sync, no missing audio, nothing wrong that I can find.

So, it errored out, but let me finish my job.
    Quote Quote  
  4. From the log file you sent me, the converted movie was quite long (2h30'). When using Wavi+Aften, the intermediate wave file is larger than 4GB. That may lead to app crash. Then the backup routine (FFmpeg based) gets in, most of the cases resulting successful.

I have to find a way to make AVStoDVD to catch Wavi crashing at runtime, or, alternatively to directly go with FFmpeg when there are very large wave files.

Users opinions are appreciated.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote