VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just recently (no software or hard changes) all of a sudden, when i play video on my HDTV (display 2) my display 1 goes black only thing visible is the mouse pointer.

Details: when i play video using Media Player Classic (K-Lite Codec Pack) using full screen on display 2, the entire screen on display 1 goes black, the only thing visible is the mouse pointer. When I move the mouse the mouse pointer around the sections of screen when my pointer moves by, i get that part of the screen back.

when i play the video on display 2 at just say 50% of the video size (not full screen), the area with the same size as my player from my display 1 goes back.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling display driver to most updated version, player codec back and media player to most updated, and same results.

Please help!!!

Intel Core2 Quad Q9500, XP SP3, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD3600
    Monitor 1: NEC 19" LCD 1970GX (DVi input)
    Monitor 2: Sony Bravia 40" LCD HDTV (HDMI input)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would guess both of those displays are in overlay display format. You can only have one video overlay display at a time. Any other display set to overlay will be black-no video, though audio should work. Disable overlay for the black display and you should see video. This is mostly player related. Try a different player. VLC is one that has overlay adjustments. You can also learn a bit more about overlay from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_overlay

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OH THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. I played around with the Overlay settings on my player, and things are all good now. You just saved me hours and hours of hair pulling head bashing.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote