Hi,

I'm desperately hoping someone here will be able to help me with this problem; I've been scouring the internet to no avail!

I landed at these forums because my problem is actually nearly exactly what's described here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/307689-corrupt-mts-file-(incorrect-length)?p=1954402

It seems that someone was eventually able to help that thread's OP, but I'm not sure how that was accomplished. It seems like it may have been accomplished by using Tsmuxer, but I'm working on a Mac running Snow Leopard and Tsmuxer doesn't support Snow Leopard, so I'm unable to try for myself.

This is my problem: I have an .mts video file that is 735.9 MB in size and should be 9:44 in length. However, when the file is played, it only plays the first 0:48 seconds, then freezes. I used Roxio Toast Titanium 10 in order to convert the .mts file to an .mp4, but the result was a 10.2 MB file that only contained the first 1:01 of the video. I believe that the original .mts file is corrupt, but have no idea how to repair it. Unfortunately, the files have long since been deleted from the SD card, and my attempts at recovering them were unsuccessful.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do, it'd be VERY much appreciated. Thanks in advance!