VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Forum members,

I'm new and video/audio/computer illiterate, please forgive me in advance. I tried to search for this issue, but couldn't find something very similar. This MiniDV is not being recognized by Windows XP. There are no drivers produced for it. Called Sharp, their solution was to buy a DVD Recorder to transfer the video/still images.

Is there anything I can possibly do other than that or am i SOL? I have the DV/USB wire and firewires, but I'm stuck and need the videos/still images to be transferred onto the computer. Thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice. I have a Dell Latitude D610.

Sincerely,

PetrosMarkos
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi

I have the same issue with my PC

Did you manage to obtain a solution to this issue?

Many thanks

john
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    using windv, try starting the cam first
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You must use IEEE-1394 (Firewire) to transfer DV video to the computer. The USB connector is intended only for stills. There are no special drivers required for your camera. DV transfer is supported by Windows DirectShow and the IEEE-1394 port is supported by XP SP2 up.

If your XP machine isn't working for DV transfer over IEEE-1394, search for solutions or try a different computer. If all else fails use a dup service.

I also recommend WinDV for capture.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote