VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I have a friend who recommended the "AVS Video Converter", but the thing is it costs money.

The video output is quite good, and I was wondering if it used some proprietary codecs to achieve this?

Are there free alternatives that can create video that looks that good? I also think he liked the way everything was automated, one click conversion (using defaults), burning to the DVD for you (no burning proggy needed), etc...

Has anyone ever reviewed this software? Because at first glance, I thought the official site looked of questionable nature, ie - junk.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Return here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVS_Video_Converter and scroll down to the part where it says "Similar tools/Alternative to AVS Video Converter."

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have avs video converter and it is good for oddball formats.

However I am now using format factory a lot more frequently. It handles a ton of inputs and can output to just about anything and is free.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    depending on the input format you can choose from a lot of different free tools. the one i'd start with first is avstodvd. then there's the film machine, there's a old free version of convertxtodvd, and others in the tools section. as for burning dvds i wouldn't use anything but the free imgburn, even if a program has the capability built in.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote