VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am leaving my country to continue my studies somewhere else and am ripping my DVD archive into .avi files in order to take them with me.

Using iSkysoft for windows, I run into a problem with some DVDs. I wonder if the problem is related to the DVD or my software or some solution to get rid of it.

when I upload .VOB files into the software, one in a while I run into a .VOB file for which the capacity is calculated as 0 KB and the time is 0:00:00! but when I hit the play button to see the review of the movie, I can see it play and the timer starts to count although the whole playing time is stuck at 0:00:00.

when ripping, this file would not be ripped, so the ripped movie will "jump" on some parts.

What should I do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Use a better ripping program. Get the trial for DVDFab. It will be fully functional for 30 days, and after that there is a free section within it called DVDFab HD Decrypter which will continue to function as a decryption/ripping program. The only caveat is that the free section will lag behind the commercial version by 8 weeks or so on decryption updates. This is as close as there is to a free ripping program that is capable of dealing with the new types of protection periodically added by the studios.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Use a better ripping program. Get the trial for DVDFab. It will be fully functional for 30 days, and after that there is a free section within it called DVDFab HD Decrypter which will continue to function as a decryption/ripping program. The only caveat is that the free section will lag behind the commercial version by 8 weeks or so on decryption updates. This is as close as there is to a free ripping program that is capable of dealing with the new types of protection periodically added by the studios.
    Thanks a lot. I will give it a try. I have this problem with only a couple of my DVDs, I think the trial version would be enough
    Quote Quote