VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    When I apply effects to my slides, they do not start until the transition to the current slide has ended. Is there a change in the AviSynth code I can make to have the effect start at the same time as the transition?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you actually mean effects on subtitles?

Because effects on subtitles are only visible on slides when there are no transitions. If you want to change the timings/effects on the subtitles you can export the subtitles as .ssa and edit that in some of the free subtitle apps in the Tools section here at Videohelp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    NVM, i got it working (Negative transitions). I am curious though, what formula is used to generate this line in the middle slides when using negative transitions?

# Slide no:4
    a = (trim(imgout,000004,000004))
    a = loop(a,70)
    at = (trim(imgout,000004,000004))
    at = loop(at,10)
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's hardcoded in DSG. The source of DSG is placed in the folder called Source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, after quite a bit of searching I found it.

(expo[k] - (dur[k]) / 2) - (dur[k + 1] / 2))
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi.

I'm not sure it should be the same thread, but here it goes: I have this small slideshow, with very small jpg's, and when i try to create negative transitions over these slides with some animation (simple zoom out) the music stuters, the transitions slow down and, in the end of the transition, the slide "jumps" (zooms in) to the starting position, restarting the animation effect. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

hmatos
    Quote Quote  
  7. The preview playback speed is depending on your hardware. Try to render and see if that doesn't create a file without stutter?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi.

Thanks for the swift reply. I had actually rendered, but only to flv. I tried again, this time rendering to mpg and the result is the same. Created a new project and the problem arises when I add a third photo; after that, they all have the same problem.

This small test project has 4 photos, all with a 125 duration and a "Dissolve.avs", "-25" transition. If my math is correct, at 25 frames this should generate a 17 second video. It doens't: the video has a total duration of 19 seconds; some of the pictures (apparently after the second) have a longer duration than the defined 125 (5 seconds), they start the animation and, after a few seconds (2, 3 seconds) kind of jump back (rewind?) to the starting position and redo the animated transition for the defined 5 seconds.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Henrique
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd slideshow.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	5453  

Quote Quote