VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay...first of all, let me preface this by saying that I am a complete noob when it comes to capture cards and whatnot. I bought this thing a looong time ago and stopped using it, because it couldn't fulfill the purpose that I bought it for.

Basically, I am trying to record my Xbox 360 online games using the Diamond VC500...but no matter what software I use, there is about a 2 or 3 second delay between what's happening in the actual game and what's being showed on the screen--so I'm always at a huge disadvantage whenever I record, forcing me to stop recording.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there are any settings, or programs out there, that can remove this 2-3 second delay while recording...it's really a huge pain, because I spent over $40 on it when you count in Shipping and Handling prices, and I can't even use it.

Also for a notice, the original software that first came with the device has never worked on any of my computers...I've tossed it a long time ago....I own Windows 7 (but have used it before on XP) and use Adobe Premiere CS3, but I also have Windows Movie Maker Live--I also have Webcammax....is there anything at all that I can do to get rid of this horrible and terrible delay??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The computer/video card has to do some processing, hence the delay. Short answer, you are stuck with the delay with that setup.
    This is a common problem.

Better to split the video before sending it to the computer and play the game from that, not the computer video card output.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    The computer/video card has to do some processing, hence the delay. Short answer, you are stuck with the delay with that setup.
    This is a common problem.

Better to split the video before sending it to the computer and play the game from that, not the computer video card output.

And welcome to our forums.
    Thanks for the speedy reply and the kind welcome to the forums!

Thankfully, when I played a game, the delay was honestly not all that bad.

Now my problem is one of audio--only one software I use (the One Touch Video Capture application that comes with the device) picks up my capture card's audio, and whenever I try to stream with that software using Ustream or Justin.tv, I get INSANE problems--Ustream and Justin.tv's broadcaster have a hard time recognizing this software, so I'm forced to use Webcammax, which does not recognize my capture card's audio..

in fact, when I go into Windows control panel and click on sound, no extra audio devices are showing up...just my sound card/speakers...

I'm wondering if there is a specific software out there that is PROVEN to work with the Diamond VC500's sound--or, at the very least, if, in Ustream, there is a way to change the preview size of what you are broadcasting...likewise in Justin.tv

Thanks so much once again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I thought that was a computer video card : http://www.diamondmm.com/VC500.php

Since it hooks to the computer via USB, the audio probably wouldn't show in the computer audio setting, those are for inputs to the sound card.

What format is the audio? That's not really clear from the above link. I'm guessing PCM as that would be compatible with MPEG 1, 2, 4. You should be able to tell with MediaInfo by dropping one of the captures into the program. The audio format and specification should help with identifying the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    Sorry, I thought that was a computer video card : http://www.diamondmm.com/VC500.php

Since it hooks to the computer via USB, the audio probably wouldn't show in the computer audio setting, those are for inputs to the sound card.

What format is the audio? That's not really clear from the above link. I'm guessing PCM as that would be compatible with MPEG 1, 2, 4. You should be able to tell with MediaInfo by dropping one of the captures into the program. The audio format and specification should help with identifying the problem.
    My apologies--I should have been more clear.

It doesn't even matter now, though, because I found my old capture card (an Easycap 2.0) and my computers have always had much better success with that card. There is little to no delay, and although the quality of the video is only SLIGHTLY poorer, it is much easier to set up and use, and my computer actually picks up the audio on this one :P

Now I'm wondering, is there a capturing software out there that enables you to preview the AUDIO in addition to the video while you are recording? I only ask because I'm recording my xbox 360, but since my microphone for Xbox Live is somewhat broken, I need to play all audio spoken by my teammates and such through whatever device my Xbox's audio cables are plugged into--which is the easycap.

But I can't hear them using my current software, Webcammax, because I am unable to listen to the audio of the footage while I record...is there any software out there that enables me to do that, or is there at least a way to fix that on Webcammax??!?

Thanks again, haha! :P
    Quote Quote