VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Why is it nesecary to reencode a video file when in reality you dont need to change anything other than the information that the res instead of AxB should be BxA? Isnt it possible to just edit the medata or the place where this information is stored and instruct it to be the inverse Res?

Some players i think allow for that. For example i was able to play such a file on zoom player without needing to change anything. But since i need to upload this file on the net, i need it to change somehow so it wold streamm properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. If you want to keep the change, you have to re-encode. It may well be theoretically possible to do this, but no-one has implemented a method to do it. So re-encode the video, or start programming.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Part of the encoding/decoding process is designed to operate a row at a time - you just can't tell it to do it otherwise. As for Zoom Player, it'll just be decoding the video into a "horizontal" memory buffer, manually doing a rotate on that buffer, and then displaying the rotated frames.
    Quote Quote