VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Why is it that every video i upload on youtube, shows up with bad quality, although it plays back fine in my computer? I have uploaded 4 videos already. 3 show with my compact zoom camera vga res 30 fps, and the last one with my iphone with same video recording specs. All of these videos seem fine on my PC, but after i upload them quality is really bad and i'm looking for a way to change that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nothing you can do , except use another host

Youtube re-encodes the file with a low bitrate , hence the deterioration in quality
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vga res is pretty low quality to start with. unless you are uploading 1280x720p @ 5mbps or higher quality source you will not get any HD links for the y.t. vids. the rest of y.t.'s outputs are poor and low bitrate source to start with makes for really bad quality.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. This raises an interesting question -- does YouTube store a copy of your original video (not re-encoded) on their server so that they can up the quality on everything when streaming higher bit rate stuff becomes more feasible?

I still think it's crazy the way people convert their old VHS tapes to put them on YouTube and dump their tapes in the trash.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    only youtube knows for sure but the most likely answer is no. no mention has ever been made of it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thing is i've seen many videos with 360p and 480p with decent quality. I wonder how these guys uploaded them? Maybe they were 480p files with crazy high bitrate and it the end the video got chopped up to be just decent? Still most videos i see are better than the ones i upload.

Any other video streaming website, that will let me upload with quality similar to the one i recorded?
    Quote Quote