VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This worked before, so not sure what I am missing or if it is different file types or something.
    I input (currently) a 2ch .ac3 file, outputting to stereo aac, pretty basic.
    I had a multi-channel .ac3 file, and dts file, but was getting errors then, so wasn't sure if megui could downmix channels to stereo
    anyway, I plug everything in, and queue it up, hit start, and instant error.
    log attached

thanks,
    rlr
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. you probably have filter/codec issues

----[NoImage] DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio.
    ----[NoImage] Video returned: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me"
    ----[NoImage] Audio returned: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me"
    either open the audio file with nicac3source() , ffaudiosource() , or fix your directshow filters (e.g. installing ac3filter might help) , or try keeping the audio in a container (maybe your setup has problems with raw ac3 audio)

in order for directshow to work you need to have splitters/filters installed correctly. If you render the ac3 audio in graphstudio it will tell you what directshow filters are being used. If there is no connection , you have a directshow problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using eac3to
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Zetski210 View Post
    Try using eac3to
    that's what i've been using, it's not decoding DTS for me though. I can put the ac3 files through fine, even THD, extract core, downsample, etc. When I put any dts file in there normal or hd, it runs it through with no errors, but gives me the same multichannel file, the only thing it changes is the bitrate. I've been using a different app for dts, popcorn audio converter, thing with that is it won't accept just the dts file, in container or no, it requires a video file be present, even though it does not re-encode the video, just the audio, weird. it works though, but it's an extra step, i then take my two channel ac3 file and convert to aac.

eac3to doesn't convert to aac either though, afaik, it's not in the dropdown list in eac3to&moreGUI. I would like a way to go from multichannel ac3 or dts, straight to aac. actually popcorn does that quite well, i just think having to add the video with it is annoying when it doesn't do anything with it, it's slow too, I would imagine from having video on there.

thanks,
    rlr
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    you probably have filter/codec issues

----[NoImage] DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio.
    ----[NoImage] Video returned: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me"
    ----[NoImage] Audio returned: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me"
    either open the audio file with nicac3source() , ffaudiosource() , or fix your directshow filters (e.g. installing ac3filter might help) , or try keeping the audio in a container (maybe your setup has problems with raw ac3 audio)

in order for directshow to work you need to have splitters/filters installed correctly. If you render the ac3 audio in graphstudio it will tell you what directshow filters are being used. If there is no connection , you have a directshow problem

i'm not familiar with those apps, i will check them out. did try doing them in a container though, same result. i also just did a complete reinstall of system, so everything is fresh, and should be in order, i have most recent ffdshow and haali installed. i didn't think i needed ac3filter with ffdshow? or if you installed it, you disable it in direct show. also not doing dts either though, which is enabled in direct show, it instantly errors when I start process.

thanks,
    rlr

edit: oh yeah, i should prob mention, i have direct show set to passthrough ac3 and dts, for hdmi (and sometimes optical). I didn't think that had an effect on internal processing though. Is this what's jamming me up?
    thx

pps: if it's processing fine through popcorn, doesn't that mean file is fine?
    Last edited by runLoganrun; 29th Jul 2010 at 18:14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by runLoganrun View Post

eac3to doesn't convert to aac either though, afaik, it's not in the dropdown list in eac3to&moreGUI.
    use the commandline . The gui doesn't support all the features
    Quote Quote