VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I've just found out that the Hauppauge PVR250 comes in various models. Model 32034 comes with a tuner model „LG TPI8PSB11D“. Is this a deviation from the more common models? (came accross it in an auction). Second question is...if this comes without software is it possable to pick up equivalent (preferably open-source) online? I know (hope) the driver is available from Hauppauge, I'm not particularly interested in „Ulead“ software but whatever package comes with the „Pause“ facility might be useful. Can somebody please help me out here? A prompt reply would be very much appreciated as the auction ends soon.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Hauppauge PVR-350 which is the same as the PVR-250 but the 350 has a TV out function that the 250 does not have. I am not aware of any different models in the 250 and 350 series. As far as I know they are all the same.

I am not aware of any 3rd party software that works with the 250 or 350 unless maybe MythTV works with them. I have always used the software that came with the card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just download everything you need from Hauppauge's website like I did YEARS ago.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_pvr250-350.html

I've never owned the original software CD. I bought mine "card only" from Ebay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have a 66MB folder here on my computer that I have used twice to get my PVR-350 up an running. All of it came directly from Hauppauge's website. I have the original 3 or 4 part installation and the newer "1 piece" version as seen in the link above(which I think I downloaded AFTER my second install on the new computer...so I may not have tested that one yet....not sure).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's really helpful, thank you
    Last edited by Ogilvy; 16th Jul 2010 at 13:28. Reason: misspelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Just download everything you need from Hauppauge's website like I did YEARS ago.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_pvr250-350.html

I've never owned the original software CD. I bought mine "card only" from Ebay.
    The link that you supplied asks for the installation cd which I dont have
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They will sell you one.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    They will sell you one.
    I was led to believe I didn't need one
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should be able to get the software from here:

http://shspvr.com: SHS Unofficial WinTV-PVR & MediaMVP board.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    They will sell you one.
    I was led to believe I didn't need one
    I never needed any kind of license key for old versions of WinTV.
    I'm using version 4.13.24088 right now that I downloaded from
    Hauppauge's site and I never owned the CD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The_Doman View Post
    You should be able to get the software from here:

http://shspvr.com: SHS Unofficial WinTV-PVR & MediaMVP board.
    Always a pleasure to get accurate information. Thank you
    Last edited by Ogilvy; 25th Jul 2010 at 09:32. Reason: misspelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The install CD from here:
    http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=10831.0
    Contains the same exact software I have/use. All you had to do was ask and I'd have sent it to you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Had already downloaded an earlier version, but apparently there`s better software out there than just "Hauppauge". Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use WinTV 4.13.24088 for capturing from a VCR and GB-PVR 1.3.11 with mc2xml(for channel and program listings) for recording from television(here in Germany). MC2XML grabs too many channels in my area but the program and channel information on the relevant channels for my area is 100% accurate. Just search for something like "Tatort" and it gives you a list of available shows with a description.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem over the weekend.

I bought a used PVR 250 off craigs list for $25.00 from a kid that lives about a mile up the road from me.

I had already searched for info and read a 1000 things from 100 websties including the Hauppauge website.

And because their drivers won't work on a 64 bit OS, which all of mine are, i made my secondary PC with Vista Ultimate 64bit a dual boot with XP Pro to run it.

Well i got the latest raw driver from the Haupauge site and installed the card under XP and it installed fine, but when i tried to install WinTV version 6 plus WinTV-PVR drivers. Installation CD Version 4.6b it kept asking me for the original cd which i did not have!!

So i searched and searched and no matter what version of WinTV i found and tried to install it would say the drivers were wrong or the card was messed up, giving me a tuner error.

I PM'd hech54 and he sent me the files he had but they still did not work.

Something about their latest drivers or their program for the PVR 250/350 must be set up so only the latest version of WinTV6 will work with them....

So i e-mailed the Hauppauge support sunday asking how the hell am i supposed to install my purchased used card using their downloaded software when it kept asking me for the original cd which i did not have ?

This was their reply today....

Hello, To install your PVR 350, a valid WinTV application CDROM will be needed to install this WinTV v6 version. Any WinTV-NOVA version 4x, WinTV-PVR, WinTV version 6 or WinTV v7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to this WinTV v6 version, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge web store.
    For $9.95
    http://store.hauppauge.com/SoftwareProducts.asp#cd_wintv6

Well guess what.....
    SCREW THEM!!!!!!!!

After i e-mailed them my brain kicked in and i remember years ago when i wanted the files out of a self installing program, i used another program to unpack it!!

So i found "Universal Extractor"
    http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
    installed it, extracted the files from their self-installer, and it then let me install the software from the folder on my HDD with OUT asking me for the original cd!!!

And the latest version of WinTV6 worked like a charm!!!!!!

I was debating if i should reply to their support e-mail telling them to go screw themselves because i extracted the files from their installer and i don't need to buy an original cd from them!!

But then they might fix it so the majority of people that buy their cards used without the install cd have to pay them $10.00 to get their cards to work!!

Damn jerks!!!!!

Well if anyone comes across this and needs it, here it is!!!
    http://www.zshare.net/download/9912635265628bbc/

I RARed the files up along with the raw driver in a zip file.

If anyone needs it after the file is gone from Zshare just PM me and i'll reupload it.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 11th Aug 2012 at 15:24.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah, and another thing, i bought it as a PVR 250, but from the info on their website and the number on the card, it should be a 350 and even the support guy said it was a 350.

But in their software and my pc, it say's it's a 250

And another older Hauppauge card i have, on their website it say's by the model number it is card A, but according to their site, only card B has the chip on it which mine has!!!

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_pci_boards.html

Mine has the model number of the cards on the left hand side, but it has the chipset shown on the right hand side....

These guys are true monkeys!!
    LOL!!!
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 25th Aug 2010 at 00:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Great Job Noah. If I ever need a "newer" version of WinTV I'll give it a whirl. Thank you for sharing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I’m back, I have a further problem.
    I’m using PVR 250 on WinXP and on capturing video (just live play, without record) with any high-speed content I get a „blurred“ effect. Problem doesn’t lie with my hardware.
    I’m using the „Lite CD CDROM Release 2.0.43.24108“ (with WinTV-PVR 250/350 Release 1.18.21.23257). I’ve tried mpeg settings up to full D1..this brought about some improvement. I’ve tried GB-Pvr but I hate the learning curve..it reminds me of Linux. What’s remarkable here (and it might help me figure it out)….when I store the recorded content on external USB disk and play it back with „Western Digital“ multimedia player (on TV) it plays perfectly, no blurring. Can anybody please shed some light?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
    I’m back, I have a further problem.
    I’m using PVR 250 on WinXP and on capturing video (just live play, without record) with any high-speed content I get a „blurred“ effect. Problem doesn’t lie with my hardware.
    You're seeing the results of a blend deinterlace. The WDTV uses a bob deinterlace.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That explains everything, thanks.
    Quote Quote