VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I'll put my problem into point form which I hope will be easy enough to understand...

1. Had a .DV file which I imported into Premiere. Exported it as an AVI
    2. The AVI file is corrupt (first frame displays fine but the rest of the footage has a whole bunch of colored blocks
    3. The ONLY tool which seemed to help a little was Enosoft AVI repair tool... I can now see the footage better but the blocks are still showing (I can also make out the audio in the background)

My question is... Is there any other programme which will help repair DV/AVI files. I have tried all the other ones (VirtualDub etc etc but none of them have been as effective as Enosoft..)

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image of corrupt file.jpg
Views:	7553
Size:	457.3 KB
ID:	2665  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    install mediainfo and use it on the avi to see what kind of avi you rendered it out as. post a a copy of it's text output.

oh and welcome to the forum!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much, both for the welcome and for the info. I did finally manage to solve the problem by renaming the .dv file to .avi and then putting it through Enosoft AVI Repair Tool again - worked perfectly (and it managed to save the audio) The file was part of a wedding DVD so I was massively relieved to get it fixed!
    Quote Quote