VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a known software that implements a virtual video capture device?

I plan to use a single computer to play video files from a playlist outputting to this device, and to encode and stream with an encoding software in real time capturing from the same virtual device. It's a sort of "video loop".

Ideally, my encoding software would have playlist management with on-the-fly alterations, but it doesn't, so I thought of this.

Any help apreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What encoding software are you using? HCBatchGUI, TMPGEnc, Handbrake, VirtualDub, and more than a few other encoders include functionality to batch encode. This means that you would add the individual encoding jobs to a list, then start the batch encode. No, it might not use your playlist, but there's more than one way to encode videos one right after the other without human intervention to start each one. Granted, some intervention will be required for the initial set-up, but then it's fire-and-forget.

CogoSWSDS
    Old ICBM Coordinates: 39 45' 0.0224" N 89 43' 1.7548" W. New coordinates: 39 47' 48.0" N 89 38' 35.7548" W.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Helix Producer, encoding and streaming live. Actually, simulated live, since the video source are pre-recorded files. If I can trick this program into using a virtual video capture device as a source, and have another program playing media and outputting to that virtual video capture device, I can have a continuous stream, and manage my playlist on the media player.
    Quote Quote