VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've used this program with much success, mostly with .MKV and .MP4 files. Some .AVI files I've tried to process do not work properly. When I import the .AVI, then edit the file to add subtitles, I press the play button and there's no audio. If I double click the .AVI to open it in Windows Media Player, the audio plays just fine. Has anyone else experiencing this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What kind of audio is in the avi file?!?!?!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm having the same problem. I have 20 avi files in the project. All of them have audio except one and all were ripped from the same source (a DVD). The audio for the trouble file is listed as:

44100 Hz, 2 ch, 0 s 3
    DivX file reader

All others have audio listed as:

MPEG-1 Audio Layer III, 44100 Hz, 2 ch 7 min 40 s 15, 128 kb/s
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Encode video in an encoder, not authoring software.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 6 to rip the avi files from the DVD, not the authoring software. I don't have any problems with the other avi files and I've ripped hundreds.

The problem file will play in Windows Media Player, WinAmp, and any other player, but the audio doesn't work when I try to play it in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 or when it's burned to a DVD.
    Last edited by meezark999; 12th Jul 2010 at 09:05.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, I should have listed the audio format of the latest video I tried to author. It's AC-3 with mode extension CM (complete main). I actually fixed it after some more research.

It wasn't the fault of TMPGEnc Authoring Works, I had to install FFDSHOW, then use Win7DSTweaker to change the default system decoders to use FFDSHOW. This actually fixes another problem I had, trying to import an .MKV (Matroska) file, and getting a message telling me audio was imported but not video. So a combination of FFDSHOW / Win7DSTweaker was the answer.

Thank you to those of you who replied.
    Quote Quote