VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, now I want to connect my other DVD player to the Pioneer DVR-530H DVD recorder but when I play a DVD it comes up saying "The TV's system signal is different from the recorder's system." Any way to fix this so I can watch DVDs in the other DVD player to the Pioneer? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Thanks for replying. Could you please explain to me what that exactly means? Does it mean I can't do anything about it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just tried another DVD player connecting it to the Pioneer and it worked so it just must be the Samsung VCR/DVD player. Can someone please tell me how to change the Samsung DVD's settings so it'll work with the Pioneer? It's a Samsung 6-Head Hi-Fi Stereo Pal VCR/DVD. I do not want to use the other DVD player because its disc tray doesn't work properly. If someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What are you playing in the Samsung? Is it a DVD? Where did the DVD come from(is it an NTSC DVD)? You are in a PAL(opposite of NTSC) country.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a Region 1 DVD so I think NTSC DVD but I also tried a Region 4 DVD but that comes up with the same message "The TV's system signal is different from the recorder's system."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It could be that your machines throw out a "hybrid" or "quasi" signal for everything. The signal is neither true NTSC or true PAL. This is especially true with NTSC VHS tapes in a PAL country. 95% of DVD recorders will not record such a signal. Your only hope is to get into the menu of the players and set it to output a true signal....but...not all players have that menu option.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where section would that be in? The Video/Display section?

EDIT: I've tried using different settings earlier today and none of them seemed to work. One setting worked until it got to the DVD menu. I will just have to deal with having the Samsung connected to the TV (at the front) instead of to the DVD player.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Corey_Futurama; 10th Jul 2010 at 07:34.
    Quote Quote