VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Has anyone else installed the latest drivers (Desktop Video 8.5)?

I installed this and the intensity shuttle no longer works. In fact, it doesn't even recognize it as a source anymore. Furthermore, when I go to uninstall it sits at 10%. I ended up unplugging the intensity shuttle and then it uninstalled. I sent an inquiry to Blackmagic but they never respond to those it seems...
    Quote Quote  
  2. "Installing Desktop Video Software

If you had a previous versions of Desktop Video software installed, use Programs and Features control panel to remove it before installing this version, and restart your computer.

Double click the Desktop Video installer and follow the instructions that appear.

During the installation process, Windows might show three warning messages saying the driver has not been certified by Microsoft. In this case, select “Continue Anyway” so you complete installation of the software correctly."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Audio:

Video:

Unplug Intensity. Uninstall, reboot. Install new stuff, reboot. Plug Intensity, and wait it will self-install now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you're unable to uninstall, you need to do it manually:

Delete everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design

Reboot.

Optional, you can use registry fix like:
    http://www.uniblue.com/software/registrybooster/

You should be able to install again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks Gradius2.

Actually turned out the problem was that 8.5 doesn't register the dll files so it can be used with VirtualDub and FME, Xsplit, etc. To fix this I did the following:

Opened command prompt
    Changed directory to blackmagic design directory
    Typed "regsvr32 decklink.dll" <enter>
    Typed "regsvr32 decklink64.dll" <enter>

Pretty sure previous installs did this but oh well. Works great now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Though I like media express 3 I cant stand the clock on the capture window. I livestream a lot and its really annoying having that clock taking up the top of the screen. Resizing the streaming window wont get rid of it because you loose most of the top of your capture window. ANYONE know how to get rid of it, is that even possible. No idea why they bother with it in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I would use virtualdub instead of media express
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jorrel56 View Post
    I would use virtualdub instead of media express
    To do what?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Livestream your content from the BMI shuttle. You can also record video from it. In fact, I don't use media express for anything. Just use virtualdub. Here is the process I go through when I used to do screen capture in BMI (I now use XSplit instead).

Go to File -> Capture AVI...
    Device -> Decklink
    Video -> Preview
    Video -> Preview Acceleration -> Progressive - Both Fields
    Sometimes it is a bit weird and doesn't lock onto the picture in the last step so I do it over a couple times before it does or go to Filter chain -> Enable and then do Filter chain -> Disable which is sort of a workaround

Once that is done you should be able screen grab it or change your resolution of your monitor to what is being input and go full screen in virtualdub and capture entire screen.

For recording locally, first set your compression (only needs to be done once). To do this go to Video -> Compression... from there choose Blackmagic 8 bit MJPEG Codec. Or you could download and use a preferred codec but I find Blackmagic to be fine.
    Go to File -> Set Capture File and choose a name for your file
    Go to Capture -> Capture Video
    Quote Quote  
  10. So no way to overcome the stupid HDCP? Only by hacking the drivers?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post
    So no way to overcome the stupid HDCP? Only by hacking the drivers?
    I will not comment on hacking drivers.

HDCP is a digital rights protection that I have no issue following. Xbox 360 doesn't enforce HDCP in games (only videos). Unfortunately PS3 enforces HDCP at all times but I use component for PS3 so that isn't an issue.

Since BMI can only do 720P for 360 and PS3, HDCP shouldn't be an issue. Just use component.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Correct, I wanted to capture from PS3 using HDMI.

Actually is possible for BMI to do 1080p w/o problem, you just need to limit to 24p or 30p. On PS3 that change is possible, but even so I couldn't capture anything due the HDCP-total-crap.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jorrel56 View Post
    Livestream your content from the BMI shuttle. You can also record video from it. In fact, I don't use media express for anything. Just use virtualdub. Here is the process I go through when I used to do screen capture in BMI (I now use XSplit instead).

Go to File -> Capture AVI...
    Device -> Decklink
    Video -> Preview
    Video -> Preview Acceleration -> Progressive - Both Fields
    Sometimes it is a bit weird and doesn't lock onto the picture in the last step so I do it over a couple times before it does or go to Filter chain -> Enable and then do Filter chain -> Disable which is sort of a workaround

Once that is done you should be able screen grab it or change your resolution of your monitor to what is being input and go full screen in virtualdub and capture entire screen.

For recording locally, first set your compression (only needs to be done once). To do this go to Video -> Compression... from there choose Blackmagic 8 bit MJPEG Codec. Or you could download and use a preferred codec but I find Blackmagic to be fine.
    Go to File -> Set Capture File and choose a name for your file
    Go to Capture -> Capture Video
    Ill give it a go, but seriously anyone know how to simply remove the clock from ME3 I dont mind the program at all. I just want to get rid of the stupid clock in the capture window.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm currently working in this way, just for the record and for everyone to try out.

I use Media Player Classic (bother versions, the old 6.4 and the new Cinema. Cinema as better controls, but crashes when I change settings. The classic version does not crash.) under EVR Custom Pres.
    To take the buffer number down, set the target sync offset to 0ms(with limits of like 5 ms), or else you'd get like a 3 frame lag for the preview.

Register under external filters decklink.dll and just capture for the preview.
    Remember to go to view=> capture (Ctrl+8) and set the video settings. I personally use v210, 720p with 59.94 for my 720p capturing. Switch to HDYC for 480i/p captures.

Audio I set to PCM 48000 16bps stereo. Anything else doesn't seem to work. Note that everything works off HDMI (I happen to have a HDCP stripper, so I do live PS3 with HDMI :P)

For recording (or, for streaming online), use SCFH DSF with whatever you like (for streaming you can also use FMLE or Xsplit, but I hate xsplit for various reasons) to do a screen capture of the MPC screen and then go from there.

This is, so far, the best way I've been able to do any real time previewing+streaming+recording.

Another note. The intensity shuttle did say that it supports 8 channel recording through HDMI on the website.
    Anyone with any luck on how to do that?
    Last edited by nut123456789; 19th Sep 2011 at 02:39.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Found out here about 1080p@59.94/60 (with a new driver is possible).

That was OVER A WHOLE YEAR AGO! Where are those options?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    getting a Maxium IV Extreme-Z motherboard soon anyone know if the shuttle has any problem with this board?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need immediate help here. Yesterday the shuttle worked fine I installed a new GFX update to play the BF3 Beta on PC but im also playing/capturing xbox footage and now I have no sound on the intensity shuttle. I've uninstalled reinstalled all the usual fixes, I've had the shuttle for over a year an it just stopped picking up the audio. I'm stumped as to why, I have the new drives 8.5 it worked perfectly yesterday and now it doesn't. HELP PLEASE
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post
    I need immediate help here. Yesterday the shuttle worked fine I installed a new GFX update to play the BF3 Beta on PC but im also playing/capturing xbox footage and now I have no sound on the intensity shuttle. I've uninstalled reinstalled all the usual fixes, I've had the shuttle for over a year an it just stopped picking up the audio. I'm stumped as to why, I have the new drives 8.5 it worked perfectly yesterday and now it doesn't. HELP PLEASE
    Did you go into the Blackmagic control panel to make sure the Audio is on the right input?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Greetings.
    I just got myself an intensity shuttle and ran into some problems (duh).
    After installing the Desktop Video Software 8.5 (tested with 8.2.1 as well) by Blackmagic, rebooting and plugging in the device, Windows (7 64-bit) recognizes it just fine as Intensity Shuttle.
    However, the Blackmagic Design Control Panel is greyed out and displays a "no settings required" prompt at the top.
    Furthermore, neither Flash Media Live Encoder nor Media Express recognize the Shuttle.
    I didn't get a firmware update notification for the shuttle on installing the drivers and rebooting either (checkversionPCI.exe is equipped with admin rights, but nothing happened). Also, windows dishes out "this device could run faster on a SuperSpeed usb 3.0 port" messages, even though it is already connected to a genuine usb 3.0 port.
    I have an Intel Z68 motherboard (which is basically an advanced P67 iirc, so it should work) and my NEC drivers for USB 3.0 are up to date (driver version: 2.1.25.0, firmware version: 3028).
    Are there any options to fix this besides sending the shuttle back?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So more than one and a half year after this product was released, there is still no definitive way to get it to work reliably? Wow, Blackmagic, just wow. I also like how the official representatives have stopped posting in this forum altogether.

Out of curiosity, I dusted my Shuttle off and updated all the drivers and firmware for both the NEC card and the Shuttle, and lo and behold, it still doesn't work.
    "I can wire anything directly into anything!" - Professor Farnsworth
    Quote Quote  
  21. I still need to contact Blackmagic again regarding the audio problems I'm having with the Shuttle. After testing it again recently, I no longer have any video dropouts (I recorded over 30 minutes) so the Buffalo PCIe card did solve that problem, but the audio is still being distorted. Their technical support told me it's probably my hardware causing dropouts in the audio, but I'm not convinced that's the problem seeing how the video is working just fine. I was hoping they'd have updated the system requirements by now but they're still the same as when I first bought the Shuttle. In their last e-mail they actually offered to send it back for testing (again), I guess I'll end up doing so before the warranty runs out.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SHUTTLE.PNG
Views:	3006
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	9357

Every time I restart my PC or sometimes even simply load media express I get this message. I have the latest drives 8.6.1 and it still happens. Sometimes I have to reinstall desktop video altogether to get it working again. 1 year on and it still doesn't work properly, I would never recommend to anyone this product, EVER its a paper weight nothing more. Also there is some sort of signal loss between the shuttle and the display. Ill be playing on xbox then suddenly my screen with go black and i have to look at the capture program to see whats happening. Worthless device save your money
    Last edited by vanished001; 3rd Nov 2011 at 02:41.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, all.

I just received my BMI Shuttle in the mail and I've already tried all the steps listed on the instruction pamphlet provided.
    Nothing seems to be working so I was wondering if anyone can guide me from start step by step.

I do have USB 3.0
    I do not have a x58 chipset, but an intel z68.
    I do not know where to find the USB 3.0 Controller Information in my computer

I would greatly appreciate any help.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Let me be direct.

This thing really isn't for starters.

Check if you have the NEC drivers installed, normally they are on:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\"

or (if in x86 only):
    "C:\Program Files\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\"

Or just run this app (must be there of course):
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3utl.exe"

Hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I know Black magic says the Shuttle will not work using an Express Card to usb3.0 adapter but has any one got that to work? I dont need to record, just get the video in for use in Resolume Avenue. I have an m6600,the shuttle works running on the native usb3, but I need to add a second Shuttle..
    It has a QM67 chipset with 6 Gbit/s, 2 Ports & 3 Gbit/s, 4 Ports. From what I was told by Dell, the usb3.0 is on one of the 6 Gbit/s and the express card is on the other 6 Gbit/s, that should be enough bandwidth for a second shuttle but nothing works when running off the adapter.. It's like BM sees that its an adapter and grays everything out.. Any ideas or help would rock.
    Cheers-
    Quote Quote  
  26. Looks like the driver is pretty restrict and BM won't care to provides us something better, like support to 1080p60.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Just bought an Intensity Shuttle and for some reason I just can't get it to show up in Device Manager, I've got the Renesas USB 3 host controller installed and it shows:

Driver evrsion: 2.1.19.0
    Firmware version: 3025

I tried updating the firmware but it's very odd, my RAM usage shoots to the top and CPU usage becomes pretty high at around 6-70% and it just gangs there but it installs drivers just fine. And I know the USB 3 port works because I've got my Astro MixAmp plugged in there which works fine. I've got Blackmagic installed and it can't find anything, I also tried it when the Driver was at 2.0.4.0 which caused me to update it, I just don't know what to try anymore :\
    Quote Quote  
  28. Last version as today:

Driver version: 2.1.28.0
    Firmware version: 3028

Get it here:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thanks for the link Gradius 2, I now have Driver: 2.1.28.0 and firmware version 3028 installed and once the Shuttle is plugged in through USB 3 still nothing happens, doesn't show up or Device manager or anything like that. I plugged it in through USB 2 and it came up saying Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle driver has successfully been installed and it shows up in Device Manager but nothing through USB3, doesn't even try and load anything.

Latest BIOS version installed, latest x58 drivers

I have now run out of ideas
    Quote Quote  
  30. Last B.M. drivers are v9, which one are you using?
    Quote Quote