VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I just received my Intensity Shuttle today and I've been having a problem with HDMI. I have tried Component with my PSP and that works fine. But when I use my xbox360 or PS3 with HDMI I only get audio without video. Even my DVR won't show video. The HDMI output works with it I can see the Xbox360 on my TV but not on my PC.
    I saw someone else here have the same problem with their Intensity Pro but they didn't get an answer. I have tried almost everything that i can think of (i don't know much about video tech...) I installed the latest USB 3.0 NEC drivers and firmware. I have the latest Intensity Shuttle drivers and the latest "Black Magic Media Express" program.
    If it might help whenever I go to the "LiveKey" program it says "Can't create Decklink video capture filter". Is there something i'm missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yup I am having the same problem I left a message for them on the phone so hopefully they will reply tell me if have found any solution
    Quote Quote  
  3. I sent them an email so hopefully if they get back to me with a fix i'll post it here too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I take it you both are have USB 3.0 motherboards and are not using any kind of PCIe USB 3.0 add-on cards? First off, if PSP works v.i component (did you use 480p or 480i?), have your tried Xbox 360 and PS3 v.i component to see if that works? As for HDMI, PS3 will not work v.i HDMI no matter due to HDCP and when was your Xbox 360 built? I did hear talk that newer Xbox 360s no longer have HDCP disabled for game play-back. Other then that, could be a driver issue for HDMI... do you have any other HDMI sources you could try? Keep us posted.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am using a PCIe USB 3.0 add-on card. PSP was 480p I just tried Xbox360 with component and that didn't work either. I don't have component for PS3 so i couldn't try that. I have a brand new Xbox 360 the new "Slim" version since my old elite broke and was past warranty. My brother has one of the ones that came out still ( which is amazing i've been through 4 Xbox 360s already.) which I will try. I tried to HDMI from my cable box and that didnt work but i'm sure that probably is HDCP. I tried component with the cable box and got sound. I get sound from my xbox360 too but no picture through HDMI. So i'm guessing by what you're saying is my hardware and stuff isn't compatible?

EDIT: I just tried the HDMI video out on my laptop and that doesn't work either.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 10th Jul 2010 at 18:55.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try Xbox 360 with 480p over component? Like you, I have computers that feature USB 2.0 motherboards. Thus, I was looking into PCIe USB 3.0 add-on cards, but BlackMagic has told me none are available that meet the requirements for their USB 3.0 hardware and they will offer not tech support on the issue. Try setting your Xbox 360 to 480p then try it again v.i HDMI and Component.

Also, what PCIe USB add-on card are you using? It might not be giving enough bandwidth for 720p+ stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm using this card and and 480p does work with component. Does that mean there's not enough bandwidth?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about 480p v.i HDMI? And yes, it seems/sounds like it could be a bandwidth issue. Is that add-on card a PCIe 1x card? The one I was looking at is below which is a PCIe 4x.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813995004
    Quote Quote  
  9. Oh snap it is a PCIe x1 card. I should have double checked that. Well anyways I'll try and order that to test more. The xbox360 outputs in 480p but whenever i capture its interlaced. I can't find a way to chose 480p it just says "NTSC" in the preferences tab with media express. But i'll try the hdmi right now.

480p with HDMI does not work either. I might try that ASUS card then and try that on tuesday.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BM changed their capture program since I last used it, but you should be able to change the capture settings from the Intensity icon in the control panel or in the capture application under settings or something. Also, try setting the card to capture compressed not uncompressed video and try again 480p HDMI then 720p Component. I would say give the Asus card a try for $30 and let us know. =D

Also, 480p isn't listed? Could you post a screenshot of the preferences tab and the resolution options?
    Last edited by Seraphic-; 10th Jul 2010 at 19:34.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I couldn't find another place to change compress/uncompressed settings but i'll look some more. BTW i named my machine ELEET RIG as a joke lol.

EDIT: I ordered the ASUS card it's actually shipping from and "alternate location" so i don't know yet when i'll get it should get here next week.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	13300
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2605  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1413
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	2608  

Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 10th Jul 2010 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is DPX 10-Bit RGB? That's new.

Anyway, "AVI Motion JPEG" is compressed and "AVI 8/10 Bit YUV is uncompressed so use JPEG (less bandwidth).

In your image, what comes after HD 1080i 60 in the list? No 480p listed?
    Blackmagic Europe told me Intensity Shuttle would ship with 480p support.

Is there anywhere to set the number of audio channels for HDMI capture?
    Quote Quote  
  13. After the 1080i 60 its all the 720p 50 fps, 59.94. 60 fps.

as for the audio channels i think this is what you're talking about in the picture you can click on the numbers and stuff and i believe those are the audio channels. (i'm not so experienced in the world of video yet.)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	methinks.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	2609  

Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, those are the audio channels guess there is no way to select how many are recorded though.
    Damn, so 480p isn't there... maybe not supported yet? NTSC = 480i - You said PSP worked, was that recorded as 480i too?
    Quote Quote  
  15. yeah i outputted it as 480p but it captured it in 480i.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn, that sucks... hope it is a bug. If you call Blackmagic about the PCIe issue, please also ask why 480p is being captured as 480i. And if you could let me know if that Asus card works better that would be great.
    Last edited by Seraphic-; 10th Jul 2010 at 21:49.
    Quote Quote  
  17. My motherboard already has usb 3.0 and x58
    Quote Quote  
  18. I think its to do with the software
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

The lack of 480p is an oops from us. We will get it rectified in an update to Media Express. Basically, the hardware is capable but we haven't got the presets into Media Express yet.

You can use a USB PCI 3.0 add on card but you have to make sure it's either x4 PCIe or x1 PCIe 2.0 in the right PCIe slots.

Bob, I would suggest going through every Project Video Format option and see if you get anything. It's more likely a video input between what you're sending from the console and what Media Express is expecting.

HDMI capture from PS3 is impossible if you're not using a developer PS3 as HDCP is enabled on both movies and game play output.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
    Hi,

The lack of 480p is an oops from us. We will get it rectified in an update to Media Express. Basically, the hardware is capable but we haven't got the presets into Media Express yet.

You can use a USB PCI 3.0 add on card but you have to make sure it's either x4 PCIe or x1 PCIe 2.0 in the right PCIe slots.

Bob, I would suggest going through every Project Video Format option and see if you get anything. It's more likely a video input between what you're sending from the console and what Media Express is expecting.

HDMI capture from PS3 is impossible if you're not using a developer PS3 as HDCP is enabled on both movies and game play output.
    Kristian,

Is there an ETA for that 480p fix? I'm not sure what you mean by x1 PCIe 2.0? PCIe 2.0 slots are normally x16. From what you said, it sounds like this USB 3.0 add-on card will work then?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813995004

Also, is the Intensity Shuttle hardware capable of 1080p 59.94/60 capture and is there any reason why BlackMagic does not support RGB capture with any of the HDMI capture cards? I mean, RGB 8-Bit 4:4:4 is also part of the HDMI specifications, not just YUV 4:2:2. I noticed in Bob's images that the Intensity Shuttle has DPX 10-Bit RGB, but not same I don't think.

And one still needs a raid array to capture uncompressed with the Shuttle, correct?
    (or does USB 3.0 capture differ from the original Intensity for uncompressed capture?)

Thanks
    Last edited by Seraphic-; 12th Jul 2010 at 22:36.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I tried every Project Video Format with the XBOX360 and it didn't work with HDMI or component. I believe my card is x1 PCIe 2.0 but i'm not positive this is what i have.. I bought an ASUS PCIe x4 card so i'll try that. I have it in an x16 slot but i didn't think that would matter or not, does it?

EDIT: actually the Xbox 360 did work with component outputted at 480p but it captures in 480i with the "NTSC" video format.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 13th Jul 2010 at 04:06.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Mines working just to let you guys know I got it working a couple of days back you just have to have the right settings
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yeah mine works as well. I didn't know the Xbox 360 only output in 1080p 60fps so i tried 1080i output and then went to 1080i 59.94fps today and it worked. (although i tried that yesterday and no dice but who cares it works now!) 720p works too just has to be 59.94fps.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, consoles are 59.94 for progressive (which means 1080p won't work). Bob, so component/hdmi video/audio are now working for you using that PCIe x1 USB 3.0 card?
    Quote Quote  
  25. It works for HDMI.
    EDIT: I have tried component with the xbox 360 and PS3 and it doesn't work with Xbox360 (although i was using a super old cable so that could be the problem). But it does work for PS3.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 14th Jul 2010 at 03:53. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi - I recently purchased the shuttle and have experienced some of the same issues as above. To capture to media express (ME) from my 360/PS3 via component, if I'm viewing a DVD I am forced to set my ME setting to NTSC. However if I attempt to capture high def (say a bluray disk) then I can set ME to the standard 720p @ 59.94. Same goes with game media. Both the 360 and the ps3 work fine with ME at HD setttings when HD media is present.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey Guys,

I am from South Africa and i have just ordered the Intensity Shuttle and i also need to order the USB 3 PCI express card i just want to find if thiis one will work.

http://www.prophecy.co.za/asus-u3s6-usb30-express-card-p-62013.html

I am hoping not to have any issues like you guys above.

What is the best way for me to connect my PS3 to the Shuttle and then connect it to my PC.

All i want to do i to be able to play using either the HDMI or the Componant cable and record th games i play.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bob, did that ASUS x4 USB addon card arrive? Have a chance to mess around with it? Does it work better then the one you had before?

RBB, PS3 use Component and Xbox 360 HDMI if console has otherwise use component.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I will chime in here if it will help anyone. I purchased the SIIG USB3 card from NewEgg found at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150161

I figured since it was the most expensive USB3 card I could find, that it would have the greatest chance of success. I have an EVGA 170-BL-E762-A1 X58 board with seven, yes seven PCI-E x16 slots. I followed all of the intructions on upgrading the firmware and driver version from station-drivers.com, but when I tried hooking up my shiny new Intensity Shuttle yesterday Windows would popup the message "usb controller bandwidth exceeded". In device manager it showed the Shuttle under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" but with an error icon next to it. In properties Device Status it showed "This device cannot start. (code 10)". This is under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I tried switching the card around to two other PCIe slots, but the same thing happened.

The SIIG card has 2 USB3 slots, and the Shuttle was the only thing I had in it. I unplugged the Shuttle from the USB3 slot and plugged in a USB 2.0 device into it just to see if that would work, and the SIIG card initialized it normally.

Finally for giggles I installed the SIIG card into a gigabyte P35-DS3R under XP 32-bit, and as soon as I plugged in the Shuttle the exact same thing happened as with the EVGA /Win7 box.

So in conclusion there is no way for me to tell which is at fault -- the SIIG or the Shuttle. I just ordered the ASUS x4 card for overnight delivery from NewEgg to try and see if that works.
    Quote Quote