+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Draikin View Post
    Originally Posted by reekingtree View Post
    Does someone know how to fix black flickering/drop frames in the Media Express Preview window? I also have it in AmaRecTv and VirtualDub.

My Specs:
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    Pheneom II X6 1090t
    GeForce GTX 470
    8 Gb Ram
    60GB SSD OS Drive
    WB Caviar Black 1TB
    This is a problem I've struggled with as well and I spend months contacting their support about it trying to fix this. While I can't say their support didn't try to help, as they ultimately gave me a new Shuttle, the fact is that the Shuttle is just poorly supported in terms of drivers. BlackMagic doesn't seem interested at all in testing the Shuttle on various hardware configurations, as they haven't updated their technical requirements for the Shuttle in years. That said, what I did to "solve" this problem (it's very random):

- disable any and all automatic or manual overclocking settings on your motherboard (except if there's a USB 3.0 turbo boost or anything like that, since you'll likely need that). Don't use manufacturer "optimized" settings. Even though they might work with everything else, the Shuttle doesn't (at least in my case).
    - disable as many programs as possible running in the background.

I know these aren't very specific, but the Shuttle seems extremely sensitive to things like this no matter how fast or stable your system appears to run otherwise. Also, in my case my hardware wasn't officially supported (not exactly difficult when they only support 5 outdated motherboards), but your hardware IS, so if they tell you it's not supported I'd sure point out that this isn't the case.
    What's your source? For unstable analog sources without TBC this is normal.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by juhok View Post
    What's your source? For unstable analog sources without TBC this is normal.
    PS3 720p 59,94

EDIT: WOOOPS, juhok you didnt point that question to me :P sry nevermind
    Last edited by duracelbunny; 8th Sep 2012 at 05:47.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I cannot get my Xbox 360 to record, stream, or even show up on either monitor. I am using HDMI in and HDMI output. Any help would be nice or list of what I have to change for settings on my Xbox and computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03154290#N66
    The computer I have, nothing changed to it yet. Do I need anything new or updated?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The intel chipset should provide the bandwidth that the NEC chip never did. it's an integrated block on the southbridge, whereas the NEC chip was a PCI device that was at the mercy of the motherboard manufacturers...could be gen 1 (2.5gb/s) or gen 2(5gb/s). expect an improvement very soon (i'll work some late nights)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by duracelbunny View Post
    Hi guys,

Have been reading this thread a lot lately. My goal was to buy a new (highend) laptop plus BMI shuttle.

Ok, couldn't find exact answers with what specific laptop setup shuttle would work, so i just decided to buy this laptop that was on -23% off sale. Then i went and bought shuttle from a store that had 14day return policy so if it didnt work with my laptop, i could return it and get my money back. And it worked!

So, heres my laptop details:

-Fujitsu Lifebook NH532
    -Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3ghz, 3.1ghz turbo 6MB cache
    -HM77 chipset
    -6GB @ 1600mhz RAM
    -GT 640M LE 2GB
    -500GB 5,4krpm, BUT got (of course) Samsung 830series 256GB SSD as boot drive
    -Win7 Home Premium
    -FHD 17,3"
    -USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    (not Renesas drivers etc)

All i needed to do was update the USB 3.0 host controller firmware
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129

Works fine, been testing one day now. Only thing that couple times BMI Media Express has frozen Windows (and whole pc) and only thing helps is cold power off.
    (Is there some known stability issues with BMI and how those can be fixed?)

Just to let you know that the chipset doesnt need to be x58 or P55 or desktop motherboard or some renesas USB thingys.
    Same problem here with the Intel USB3 on a
    frozen Windows (and PC)
    will try to add a Renesas USB3 next week
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is anyone experiencing audio problems capturing with alternative capture programs to MediaExpress using the latest drivers? Both AmarecTV and Magix Video Edit Pro suffer from considerable audio distortion when I tried them, it's impossible to record using those now. For some reason, MediaExpress still records correctly but even the latest versions still lacks some basic features like live audio playback on your PC and the use of alternative codecs.

Originally Posted by smithburger View Post
    expect an improvement very soon (i'll work some late nights)
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. What improvement exactly?
    Last edited by Draikin; 7th Oct 2012 at 06:39.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Originally Posted by duracelbunny View Post
    Hi guys,

Have been reading this thread a lot lately. My goal was to buy a new (highend) laptop plus BMI shuttle.

Ok, couldn't find exact answers with what specific laptop setup shuttle would work, so i just decided to buy this laptop that was on -23% off sale. Then i went and bought shuttle from a store that had 14day return policy so if it didnt work with my laptop, i could return it and get my money back. And it worked!

So, heres my laptop details:

-Fujitsu Lifebook NH532
    -Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3ghz, 3.1ghz turbo 6MB cache
    -HM77 chipset
    -6GB @ 1600mhz RAM
    -GT 640M LE 2GB
    -500GB 5,4krpm, BUT got (of course) Samsung 830series 256GB SSD as boot drive
    -Win7 Home Premium
    -FHD 17,3"
    -USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    (not Renesas drivers etc)

All i needed to do was update the USB 3.0 host controller firmware
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129

Works fine, been testing one day now. Only thing that couple times BMI Media Express has frozen Windows (and whole pc) and only thing helps is cold power off.
    (Is there some known stability issues with BMI and how those can be fixed?)

Just to let you know that the chipset doesnt need to be x58 or P55 or desktop motherboard or some renesas USB thingys.
    Same problem here with the Intel USB3 on a
    frozen Windows (and PC)
    will try to add a Renesas USB3 next week
    Any update on this? There is a thread on the Blackmagic forums but no reply from their employees: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5581

I am having the same problem using the Intel USB3 chipset.

Gili
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone , sorry for digging old threads here .
    I also have an Gigabyte H55n and an Intensity Shuttle .
    I created a blogspot with a single post only where you can find the drivers for the mainboard and intensity shuttle , as also tools to work with it and the Operating system .
    Note: There is not cracked software there , OS and sony vegas 10 are without any crack or serial , if you want to register any of them you have to buy a license or figure it out yourself how to do it .

the blog is at : https://h55nmagic.blogspot.com/2018/09/gigabyte-h55n-intensity-shuttle-usb3.html#more

The reason i created this blog is because many people are still trying to find a way to put it work on this mainboard because of the usb drivers .
    I was only able to make it work on Windows XP , and i if i capture at 1080p then i must use media express uncompressed avi to not have many drop frames on the video .
    at 720p i can capture with only a few drop frames , and if i capture in a non HD format using hdmi port then i dont have any drop frames .
    My guess is that intensity shuttle is using the bandwidth of the mainboard at the limit .

If you need the working drivers then go there , and if you have any other drivers that work also then post a reply at the blog and i will update it .
    Quote Quote