VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17
FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Thread
  1. Prefer another, like virtualdub or professional like Adobe Premiere.

Last version is 9.5 now.

Is trully a pitty it will NEVER support 1080p@59.97 and @60.

Capturing card it DOES allow that costs $999 to $1200 (and up!).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant use this device anymore too many issues with it. Since the 9.5 update media express continuously crashes during recording making the file unreadable by Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas can't capture from it because the audio is terribly out of sync, a know issue according to sony support.
    Quote Quote  
  3. vanished001
    Re: Intensity Shuttle Problem.
    I cant use this device anymore too many issues with it. Since the 9.5 update media express continuously crashes during recording making the file unreadable by Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas can't capture from it because the audio is terribly out of sync, a know issue according to sony support.
    i use my intensity shuttle without any issue on xp pro , last update for it was 8.1 i think , i also asked support for updates for xp of 9 version and they told me that for xp only goes until 8.1 i think .
    Make sure your computer have enough power to capture using media express specially avi uncompressed , those files are very big and most of times are hard disk speeds that affect that .
    I dont know witch version of windows you are using but if it is xp roll back to 7.9.4 version and it will work fine .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    vanished001
    Re: Intensity Shuttle Problem.
    i use my intensity shuttle without any issue on xp pro , last update for it was 8.1 i think , i also asked support for updates for xp of 9 version and they told me that for xp only goes until 8.1 i think .
    Make sure your computer have enough power to capture using media express specially avi uncompressed , those files are very big and most of times are hard disk speeds that affect that .
    I dont know witch version of windows you are using but if it is xp roll back to 7.9.4 version and it will work fine .
    I've had my shuttle for over a year now, its definitely not a processing or storage space issue. Im running an i7 2600k 3.4Ghz with a ASUS Maximus IV extreme Z MOBO, 8G RAM and a 7970 3Gb GPU on windows 7 64 bit with 3x1TB HDD's for storage. The only thing thats changed on PC in recent months is the 2 driver updates from BMD 9.5 and 9.5.2. Ever since those updates media express continuously crashes during recording. I've messages BMD support but have had no reply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. He didn't mean space, he meant HDD SPEED.
    Quote Quote  
  6. for what you write it looks your computer can handle very well the recording .
    Do these steps :
    - Remove from startup the many programs you can (on xp i use on run tab "msconfig" , dont know how it is on 7"
    -Uninstall completely your drivers from intensity shuttle
    -goto http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/archive/?sid=3947&os=win&pid=4042&custom=1&dlSeries=
    -get the 9.1 version
    -disconnect intensity from usb3
    -Restart computer
    -Plug in intensity
    -Install 9.1 version
    -Then test it

Note: See if you can get a partition on 1 of your hard disks only for recording , preferably in the hdd that don't have windows installed (since you have 2 hdds)

if you still have problems in crashes the if you have time install xp pro on other drive and test it .

I have mine since they released it and i never had any problem in recording with media express , it never fails in my system .

Advice : Get rid of windows 7 if you can , it is the worst crap ever made by microsoft , the os is very pretty but not stable , and they release everyday updates for it , witch as you see it still have a lot of issues to be solve .
    Ask any windows expert witch windows is the most reliable and stable , he will say (Xp Pro , 2000 Pro and 3.11)

let us know how it went .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Actually Win7 SP1 + fixes is super stable here. They never "release updates everyday".

Never got a single crash on Win7 SP1 so far (been using since OEM version).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post
    He didn't mean space, he meant HDD SPEED.
    3x1TB WD Caviar Black HDD's. Its not the HDD's they work perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    for what you write it looks your computer can handle very well the recording .
    Do these steps :
    - Remove from startup the many programs you can (on xp i use on run tab "msconfig" , dont know how it is on 7"
    -Uninstall completely your drivers from intensity shuttle
    -goto http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/archive/?sid=3947&os=win&pid=4042&custom=1&dlSeries=
    -get the 9.1 version
    -disconnect intensity from usb3
    -Restart computer
    -Plug in intensity
    -Install 9.1 version
    -Then test it

Note: See if you can get a partition on 1 of your hard disks only for recording , preferably in the hdd that don't have windows installed (since you have 2 hdds)

if you still have problems in crashes the if you have time install xp pro on other drive and test it .

I have mine since they released it and i never had any problem in recording with media express , it never fails in my system .

Advice : Get rid of windows 7 if you can , it is the worst crap ever made by microsoft , the os is very pretty but not stable , and they release everyday updates for it , witch as you see it still have a lot of issues to be solve .
    Ask any windows expert witch windows is the most reliable and stable , he will say (Xp Pro , 2000 Pro and 3.11)

let us know how it went .
    Sorry there's no way Im going back to xp when I have win 7 64bit SP1 running perfectly. The two HDD's are dedicated to capturing only and have nothing else on them. All those things you suggested I've done already. Remember I said I've had the Shuttle for over a year, its actually sine July 2010, so I know what I have to do with it. What Im saying is that since these last 2 updates, media express has crashed consistently while recording. Perhaps its something to do with my 7970 OC GPU but I dont see how.

Today its started something new, instead of flat out crashing. Im capturing perfectly fine then the capture window on media express begins to flicker then it goes blank and media express crashes.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just don't use media express, it always sucked anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  11. 9.5.2:

My max REAL:

What's the limit for 720p@59.94 ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Looks like minimum 720MB/s is necessary for 1080p@59.94 (MAX quality), but is funny that thing is there, Shuttle never would be able to do that (blame B.M. for that).

Looks like 318MB/s for 720p@59.94 is the minimum for MAX quality and 210MB/s for 10-bit 4:4:4.

Anyone confirm this?

Update: On old manual they did put some information:

Btw, the manual still sucks.
    Last edited by Gradius2; 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I want to get the Shuttle but some questions.

I know the P67 series boards of Gigabyte have the same USB 3.0 chipset as the X58 boards and are confirmed to work with the Shuttle (guy told me his P67 UD3 is fine). I have the P67 UD4.

This says that I need 2.0.4.0 and firmware 3025: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/1388093/USB3_Readme_Before_You_Install.pdf

Currently the latest on Gigabyte is 2.0.30.0 and firmware 4015. I'm guessing the .30 is newer than .4 or do they perhaps mean .40?
    Quote Quote  
  14. You should read "2.0.4.0" as 2.0.04.0
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thought so yeah, thanks.

Wondering though, is there any benefits to getting really updated stuff to get speed benefits? I tried here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

I just got "Plural host controllers detected" when updating.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Last as today:
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by gameinn View Post
    Thought so yeah, thanks.

Wondering though, is there any benefits to getting really updated stuff to get speed benefits? I tried here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

I just got "Plural host controllers detected" when updating.
    If you want to update FW then you need to go to BIOS and disable ALL except one of USB3 controller, only then you can really perform FW update.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just don't use media express, it always sucked anyway.

I've been trying to use Vegas Pro 11 but the audio is horribly out of sync; a know issue according to sony support. Also been using VirtualDub but the file sizes are extreme. Every time I try to enable the AVI Motion JPEG codec to VirtualDub it crashes.

Also I haven't updated the drivers for USB 3.0 but looking at your picture my firmware is higher

Name:  USB3.0.PNG
Views: 1922
Size:  7.8 KB

Also did the benchmark check on my HDD's and they arent anywhere near your numbers how can that be. Which HDD are you using?
    Last edited by vanished001; 3rd Jun 2012 at 01:39.
    Quote Quote  
  19. uPD720200 = 3.0.2.8.0.8
    uPD720200a = 4.0.1.5.0.2

For speed is a simple JBOD SSD (two only, I'm planning to add another one).
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    uPD720200 = 3.0.2.8.0.8
    uPD720200a = 4.0.1.5.0.2

For speed is a simple JBOD SSD (two only, I'm planning to add another one).
    Thats something Ive always been curious about. How can you tell if what you have is uPD720200 or 200a?

Nice, SSD is the way to go. Little expensive atm for me but will be definitely saving for one after seeing those speeds.
    I messed around with xsplit livestreaming software today. It works brilliantly with the shuttle. Im using the local recoding feature to capture in 720p MP4 it working out nicely, small files sizes too for a long recording session.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post
    I messed around with xsplit livestreaming software today. It works brilliantly with the shuttle
    I know that with Intensity Pro and XSplit that the game audio would be put through my speakers and thus streamable directly connected to the Intensity Pro as an additional audio source to have mic and game audio (saves having to go the line in route)

Is this the same for the Shuttle?
    Quote Quote  
  22. To know which IC NEC your MB is using you need to look at manual.

Sadly a lot manuals do not inform that, so the only way would be looking yourself at the IC before installing the MB on case.

Anyway "a" version is newer, I don't think is really different from "old" non-a version.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Got the Shuttle working but had to enable Turbo USB3 in BIOS as I was getting frame drops.

Has anyone else noticed a degrade in quality when you pass video out through the Shuttle to TV? It's more apparent on Composite and I can't say for sure if Component is affected as I am working from visual memory. It just seems to be blurrier to me.

It looks like the Shuttle is doing some conversion before passing it out or something.
    Last edited by gameinn; 7th Jun 2012 at 19:33.
    Quote Quote  
  24. has anybody success with BMD intensity shuttle and 720p50 on Adobe FMLE?
    can't switch to 720p50
    Quote Quote  
  25. Does someone know how to fix black flickering/drop frames in the Media Express Preview window? I also have it in AmaRecTv and VirtualDub.

My Specs:
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    Pheneom II X6 1090t
    GeForce GTX 470
    8 Gb Ram
    60GB SSD OS Drive
    WB Caviar Black 1TB
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by reekingtree View Post
    Does someone know how to fix black flickering/drop frames in the Media Express Preview window? I also have it in AmaRecTv and VirtualDub.
    Yes, by getting a different capture card. Blackmagic will give you some nonsense about your hardware being unsupported as an excuse not to help you.
    "I can wire anything directly into anything!" - Professor Farnsworth
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by mufunyo View Post
    Yes, by getting a different capture card. Blackmagic will give you some nonsense about your hardware being unsupported as an excuse not to help you.
    Already got that from them. What i don't understand is that they list a Crosshair IV as a verified mainboard to used for the shuttle in their FAQ.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by mufunyo View Post
    Originally Posted by reekingtree View Post
    Does someone know how to fix black flickering/drop frames in the Media Express Preview window? I also have it in AmaRecTv and VirtualDub.
    Cause is the easier way to say "no support for you".
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by reekingtree View Post

My Specs:
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    Pheneom II X6 1090t
    GeForce GTX 470
    8 Gb Ram
    60GB SSD OS Drive
    WB Caviar Black 1TB
    This is a problem I've struggled with as well and I spend months contacting their support about it trying to fix this. While I can't say their support didn't try to help, as they ultimately gave me a new Shuttle, the fact is that the Shuttle is just poorly supported in terms of drivers. BlackMagic doesn't seem interested at all in testing the Shuttle on various hardware configurations, as they haven't updated their technical requirements for the Shuttle in years. That said, what I did to "solve" this problem (it's very random):

- disable any and all automatic or manual overclocking settings on your motherboard (except if there's a USB 3.0 turbo boost or anything like that, since you'll likely need that). Don't use manufacturer "optimized" settings. Even though they might work with everything else, the Shuttle doesn't (at least in my case).
    - disable as many programs as possible running in the background.

I know these aren't very specific, but the Shuttle seems extremely sensitive to things like this no matter how fast or stable your system appears to run otherwise. Also, in my case my hardware wasn't officially supported (not exactly difficult when they only support 5 outdated motherboards), but your hardware IS, so if they tell you it's not supported I'd sure point out that this isn't the case.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi guys,

Have been reading this thread a lot lately. My goal was to buy a new (highend) laptop plus BMI shuttle.

Ok, couldn't find exact answers with what specific laptop setup shuttle would work, so i just decided to buy this laptop that was on -23% off sale. Then i went and bought shuttle from a store that had 14day return policy so if it didnt work with my laptop, i could return it and get my money back. And it worked!

So, heres my laptop details:

-Fujitsu Lifebook NH532
    -Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3ghz, 3.1ghz turbo 6MB cache
    -HM77 chipset
    -6GB @ 1600mhz RAM
    -GT 640M LE 2GB
    -500GB 5,4krpm, BUT got (of course) Samsung 830series 256GB SSD as boot drive
    -Win7 Home Premium
    -FHD 17,3"
    -USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    (not Renesas drivers etc)

All i needed to do was update the USB 3.0 host controller firmware
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129

Works fine, been testing one day now. Only thing that couple times BMI Media Express has frozen Windows (and whole pc) and only thing helps is cold power off.
    (Is there some known stability issues with BMI and how those can be fixed?)

Just to let you know that the chipset doesnt need to be x58 or P55 or desktop motherboard or some renesas USB thingys.
    Quote Quote