VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I just bought the blackmagic intensity shuttle and cannot seem to get it to work, i have the latest versions of black magic download and my driver is update, but when i try to update the firmware i get an error message right after i hit accept. I'm new to this stuff and any help would be appreciated, i've read through the thread but still have not found out how to get this to work, im trying to hook it up to my xbox 360 either through 2 hdmi cables or 1 hdmi and 1 component, which ever will work. This is a link to my laptop http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod3330177&navAction=push
    and i was told it would work with blackmagic. I have got video to come up on my tv screen 1 time but the black magic media center is always blank and says no remote? i have matched the black magic settings to my 360 output and nothing seems to work. Please help mehttp://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod3330177&navAction=push
    Quote Quote  
  2. Shuttle only works from a very few USB3 out there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AJShoemaster, from what I can tell your laptop does have the NEC controller, so that's a good start. What you first need to solve is the firmware update error. You need to update the USB 3.0 drivers though, I think this is the one for your laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-94118-1&lc=en...93458&sw_lang=

After updating those, uninstall the Blacmagic Drivers and Media Express, reboot and then install them again and see if you still get the same error (if so, what does the error message say?).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Draikin View Post
    AJShoemaster, from what I can tell your laptop does have the NEC controller, so that's a good start. What you first need to solve is the firmware update error. You need to update the USB 3.0 drivers though, I think this is the one for your laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-94118-1&lc=en...93458&sw_lang=

After updating those, uninstall the Blacmagic Drivers and Media Express, reboot and then install them again and see if you still get the same error (if so, what does the error message say?).
    Thank you for the quick response. Yes that is the driver for my computer but, i uninstalled the current version and rebooted and then went to the site to install, i installed and the updated to driver version 2.1.16.0 but once again when i try to download the fireware update from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nec.htm i download the file, unzip it and then run the file F302808FWUP one. The File opens and asks me to accept the terms and I do and right after I click next i get the error message "Not Found the Target Device " , ive uninstalled and reninstalled the black magic drivers and BME many times and nothing has change, right now i have the most recent versions of the software installed, I'm not sure if i need to Update my BIOS but I have no idea what version it is or how to do so. I would think it is new enough though as this laptop just came out in May, and I know it is hard to get these things working on laptops. Any ideas on whats going on with the firmware error message?
    The picture below are of my driver, my tv working but my BME showing no remote, and the error message i recieve when trying to update my firmware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3927.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	7423Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6363.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	7424Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4559.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	7425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5918.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	7426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3927(1).jpg
Views:	267
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	7427
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try running the USB Host controller utility (should be located here, depending on the install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application). What driver and firmware version does it show? Also, can you run the Blackmagic Design Control Panel, and did you select the correct input there?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Draikin View Post
    Try running the USB Host controller utility (should be located here, depending on the install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application). What driver and firmware version does it show? Also, can you run the Blackmagic Design Control Panel, and did you select the correct input there?
    ive seen everybody using that but it is no where to be found on my computer, i'm a little confused, i went there and sure enough the file folder is in that location but when i click on applications and open it there are just more folders with no actual applications?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I can access black magic control and change the input and I have so it is correct to what I am doing
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's odd that you're missing that USB 3.0 host utility, it should install together with the drivers. Can you post a screenshot of that USB 3.0 Host application folder?
    Quote Quote  
  9. the last shot is what is in the application folder.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6655.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	7428Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6634.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	7429Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9988.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	7430
    Quote Quote  
  10. I found it but it is in some random place i had to search my computer for it
    here is the screen shotClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7594.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	671.9 KB
ID:	7431
    Quote Quote  
  11. It looks like the firmware version you have is more recent than the one you're trying to install from the website, so it seems your setup should work as long as it can handle the bandwith. These are settings that should definitely work using an XBox360:

Blackmagic Design Control Panel -> Input: HDMI Video & Audio
    Xbox360: 720P
    Media Express -> Project Video format: HD 720p 95.54

If you use those, do you see anything on the Capture tab in Media Express?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well right now i have it set up with the component cables coming from the xbox into the BMIS and then an HDMI going from the BMIS to my tv, the only way I seen anything is if I have my black magic control panel set to component video input and then i have the preferences in black magic media express set to 720 p 59.94 and the only thing i see is the image displayed on my tv and not in black magic capture box on media express, that is black and it says no remote, how do I know if I have enough bandwidth?
    Quote Quote  
  13. its picks up the audio in black magic express just no video
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by AJShoemaster View Post
    its picks up the audio in black magic express just no video
    I assume you mean it picks up the audio when recording, because ME itself doesn't play any audio from the capture screen. So if you record a video and play it back using windows media player, are you only getting audio? What video card does your laptop have, and did you update the video card drivers?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I got it to show video and Capture! One problem how do I get it so there is not so much lag when playing?
    Quote Quote  
  16. From what I'm reading here your laptop has a 5400RPM hard drive. I doubt you'll be able to record anything in HD resolutions without dropped frames, it's just too slow. You'd need a raid configuration or SSD drive for that.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any thoughts on weather or not a PCI USB 3.0 addon card will work with the shuttle?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815201041&cm_re=usb_3.0_card-_-1...-041-_-Product

My motherboard has one free PCI slot (other PCI slot is being used by soundcard) and two free PCIe 1x (gen one) slot.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128331

A PCIe 1x usb 3.0 addon card that Bob Loblaw reported worked for 480p component (he never reported if audio worked though or HDMI).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166026&cm_re=usb_3.0_card-_-1...-026-_-Product

I really just need enough bandwidth for HDMI 480p capture with 8 Channel LPCM audio (or stereo v.i when using A/V component).
    Last edited by Seraphic-; 12th Jul 2011 at 09:31.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I can't say for sure that those would work, as long as they're using the NEC controller then they probably will but you'll only be certain when you try them. Also, I don't think the bandwidth usage changes depending on the resolution, so if it doesn't work for 1080i it won't work for 480P either. The audio recording is also stereo only as far as I know.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Last public FW is 3.0.2.8.0.8:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/nec/divers/firmwares/firmware_3.0.2.8.0.8(www.station-drivers.com).exe

Last driver is 2.1.19.0:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/nec/divers/renesas_usb3_2.1.19.0(www.station-drivers.com).exe

About 8 LPCM channels via HDMI, FORGET IT! HDMI will never do that, not with no protection (or uncryptographed). Thanks again to MPA, Hollywood and HDCP & CIA. You're just dreaming.
    Last edited by Gradius2; 12th Jul 2011 at 14:07.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Draikin, I don't know if they use the NEC controller or not.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to capture via HDMI output from your PC to the intensity shuttle then output from there to your TV via HDMI, I want to capture PC gaming. I have had a little success with this I can achieve a picture in media express however I get no picture on my main display. Also the picture in media express does look full screen kind of scaled down 1080. Any thought, suggestions would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have my intensity shuttle displaying picture through media express at 1080i 59.94 from my xbox. Is 1080p at all possible?
    Last edited by vanished001; 27th Jul 2011 at 02:40.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi There.
    I wonder if someone can tell me if this will work on my system
    I've been toying with the idea of this and a hauppage pvr, I just think the colours/contrast levels look better with this device, plus I wouldn't mind hdmi capture from my 360.

My computer specifications are as follows:

Code:
        Computer:
          Computer Type                                     ACPI x64-based PC
          Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
          OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 1
          DirectX                                           DirectX 11.0

Motherboard:
          CPU Type                                          QuadCore Intel Core i7-950, 3200 MHz (24 x 133)
          Motherboard Name                                  Asus Sabertooth X58  (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 6 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
          Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Tylersburg X58, Intel Nehalem
          System Memory                                     12279 MB  (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
          DIMM1: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          DIMM2: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          DIMM3: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          DIMM4: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          DIMM5: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          DIMM6: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8                  2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)
          BIOS Type                                         AMI (03/30/11)
          Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)

Multimedia:
          Audio Adapter                                     nVIDIA HDMI/DP @ nVIDIA GF108 - High Definition Audio Controller
          Audio Adapter                                     nVIDIA HDMI/DP @ nVIDIA GF108 - High Definition Audio Controller
          Audio Adapter                                     Realtek ALC892 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:
          IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 3A26
          IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20
          Storage Controller                                JMicron JMB36X Controller
          Storage Controller                                MagicISO SCSI Host Controller
          Storage Controller                                Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller
          Disk Drive                                        ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device  (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
          Disk Drive                                        WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 ATA Device  (931 GB, IDE)
          Optical Drive                                     ATAPI iHAS124   B ATA Device  (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:24x/8x, DVD-RW:24x/6x, DVD-RAM:12x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
          Optical Drive                                     MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
          SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
          C: (NTFS)                                         931.4 GB (625.4 GB free)
          D: (NTFS)                                         785.5 GB (211.4 GB free)
          Total Size                                        1717.0 GB (836.8 GB free)

Input:
          Keyboard                                          HID Keyboard Device
          Mouse                                             HID-compliant mouse
          Mouse                                             HID-compliant mouse

Network:
          Primary IP Address                                192.168.1.10
          Network Adapter                                   
          Network Adapter                                   Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller  (192.168.1.10)
          Network Adapter                                   VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter  (192.168.56.1)

Peripherals:
          Printer                                           Fax
          Printer                                           Microsoft XPS Document Writer
          FireWire Controller                               VIA VT6308 Fire IIM IEEE1394 Host Controller (PHY: VIA VT6307)
          USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB Universal Host Controller
          USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB Universal Host Controller
          USB2 Controller                                   Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
          USB2 Controller                                   Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
          USB3 Controller                                   NEC uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller
          USB Device                                        Logitech Mic (Webcam 500)
          USB Device                                        Logitech USB Camera (Webcam 500)
          USB Device                                        Logitech Webcam 500
          USB Device                                        USB Composite Device
          USB Device                                        USB Input Device
    I hope my usb 3.0 is compatible, just noticed this is even cheaper than the Hauppage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Anyone else having issues since updating? I continually get blue screens when using my intensity shuttle now. The blue screen complains about the blackmagicusbio.sys. The error is driver IRQL less than or equal. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Jorrel56 View Post
    Anyone else having issues since updating? I continually get blue screens when using my intensity shuttle now. The blue screen complains about the blackmagicusbio.sys. The error is driver IRQL less than or equal. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts! Thanks!
    Which MB? Is your BIOS up-to-date ?

Did you update your NEC FW too?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

MB is a Gigabyte X58A-UD5. All firmware/bios/drivers are up-to-date.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Jorrel56 View Post
    Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

MB is a Gigabyte X58A-UD5. All firmware/bios/drivers are up-to-date.
    I'm on the latest ever since they came out and haven't had any blue screens due to Blackmagic (*knock on wood*)
    Maybe try and uninstalling everything and re-installing everything from scratch?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Could also be a virus or malware or both.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Also tried reformatting PC and still same issue. Tried testing RAM, chkdsk, scannow, etc. Nothing came up as a red flag. Anyone have XSplit and the newest drivers? I posted an issue on XSplit forums as well as it might be that.
    Quote Quote