VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. anyone here know what is the best quality for blu-ray..

cause i want to export it to adobe encore. i wanna make best maximum quality video to blu-ray...

not using it in broadcast. for wedding event.

is it hx264? or mpeg?

thanks

regard tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the camcorder and Premiere project format?

For a fully authored Blu-Ray disk MPeg2, VC-1 and h.264 can have similar picture quality. Difference is the amount of compression they will take.

AVCHD (a specific form of h.264) can be played as a file on most Blu-Ray players. This wouldn't be used with Encore.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Specific form?
    Isn't AVC = H.264 = MPEG-4 Part 10

AVCHD = AVC @ HD res
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Video, audio and container need to match camcorder AVCHD. Some Blu-Ray players may have wider acceptance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I understand now.
    The player needs specific form of AVCHD, not that AVCHD is specific form of AVC.
    Gotcha.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. AVCHD is a specific subset of the broader AVC spec , analogous to how blu-ray is a defined specific subset of AVC.

Similary , it has specific limitations (.e.g reference frames, b-frames), and profile settings, and requires buffer settings

It was developed by Sony, Panasonic and a trademarked name , primarily for use in camcorders . It doesn't encompass all AVC @ HD . For example you can have HD streams that are AVC, that do not conform to AVCHD specs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD
    http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank You guys For answering.

Im using Sony XDCAM Echo Xeno and im using adobe preimere pro cs5

i want to know what is the best format for blu-ray and the export setting to take a maximum quality export to blu-ray.
    i dont want any compression. the bigger the data size. the better quality. i want that way. share for me thanksss
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by betonz View Post
    Thank You guys For answering.

i want to know what is the best format for blu-ray and the export setting to take a maximum quality export to blu-ray.
    i dont want any compression. the bigger the data size. the better quality. i want that way. share for me thanksss
    Show me a definition of "XDCAM Echo Xeno" format.

What was your shooting bit rate? Frame rate 29.97, 25 or 23.976?

What were your Premiere project settings? You may have already recoded causing a loss. Or, are you importing uncompressed SDI?

Max XDCAM-EX camera setting compatible with Blu-Ray is around 35Mb/s @ 1920x1080i/29.97 fps or @1920x1080p/23.976 fps. Or you may not be North America. You didn't say. Uncompressed SDI has other platform and OS considerations.

How long is this program?

Let us know you project details then we can spec export options.
    Last edited by edDV; 6th Jul 2010 at 20:12.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Thank You guys For answering.

Show me a definition of "XDCAM Echo Xeno" format.

What was your shooting bit rate? Frame rate 29.97, 25 or 23.976?

What were your Premiere project settings? You may have already recoded causing a loss. Or, are you importing uncompressed SDI?

Max XDCAM-EX camera setting compatible with Blu-Ray is around 35Mb/s @ 1920x1080i/29.97 fps or @1920x1080p/23.976 fps. Or you may not be North America. You didn't say. Uncompressed SDI has other platform and OS considerations.

How long is this program?

Let us know you project details then we can spec export options.

My Shooting bit rate is 25 FR

what is the best for blu ray format... is it H.264 blu -ray or Mpeg2 blu- ray ?

i wanna get a full size to blu ray cd. so no empty space on cd.

Use Frame Blending In Cs5 is for what use ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by betonz View Post

thanks
    Frame blending is for speed changes (e.g. slow mo in post production, not from a higher fps source), when you need to interpolate new frames . It also specifies the type of deinterlace used by PP (blend deinterlace) . If you disable frame blend, it will frame duplicate for speed changes, and deinterlace will be interpolated (jaggy edges, instead of blurry blend deinterlacing)

Blu-ray won't work on CD, I suspect that was a typo ? You meant BD25/50 or DVD5/9 media?

What are you using to author? If Encore CS5, then you can use dynamic link, and let Encore figure out the bitrate to fit to max capacity and optimum bitrate

Best for blu-ray is usually h.264 at a given bitrate, unless you have a smart rendering plugin for PP (in which case you can export XDCAM original quality without additional generation loss , except at cuts and rendered effects). Mainconcept offers such a plugin, but I don't know if it works for CS5 yet
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

thanks
    Frame blending is for speed changes (e.g. slow mo in post production, not from a higher fps source), when you need to interpolate new frames . It also specifies the type of deinterlace used by PP (blend deinterlace) . If you disable frame blend, it will frame duplicate for speed changes, and deinterlace will be interpolated (jaggy edges, instead of blurry blend deinterlacing)

Blu-ray won't work on CD, I suspect that was a typo ? You meant BD25/50 or DVD5/9 media?

What are you using to author? If Encore CS5, then you can use dynamic link, and let Encore figure out the bitrate to fit to max capacity and optimum bitrate

Best for blu-ray is usually h.264 at a given bitrate, unless you have a smart rendering plugin for PP (in which case you can export XDCAM original quality without additional generation loss , except at cuts and rendered effects). Mainconcept offers such a plugin, but I don't know if it works for CS5 yet
    what is the diference between BD 25 and 50 ?

my author is Encore Cs5. dynamic link is from queu ?

so the best for blu - ray standart quality is h.264 at a given bitrate ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. BD25 is the size of the physical media (25GB disc vs. 50GB disc) . 50GB are still quite a bit more expensive $

If you use dynamic link, Encore can calculate everything to fit the disc, and you have no additional re-encoding loss

h.264 usually gives better quality, but only if you use a decent h.264 encoder (there are very poor ones on the market). PP uses Mainconcepts' h.264 encoder which is fairly good.

You never answered edDV's question what is "echo xeno?"
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    BD25 is the size of the physical media (25GB disc vs. 50GB disc) . 50GB are still quite a bit more expensive $

If you use dynamic link, Encore can calculate everything to fit the disc, and you have no additional re-encoding loss

h.264 usually gives better quality, but only if you use a decent h.264 encoder (there are very poor ones on the market). PP uses Mainconcepts' h.264 encoder which is fairly good.

You never answered edDV's question what is "echo xeno?"
    i dont know what is echo xeno. is the type of my camcoder i think. i have no idea im sry.

a decent h.264 is avaiable on adobe encoder cs5 ?

thank
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes cs5 uses mainconcepts' encoder. It's pretty good. But I would argue that x264 encoder is better . But if you use x264, the workflow would be slightly harder, and you couldn't use dynamic link (you would also have to calculate the asset size independently using a bitrate calculator)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a serious project? You have no technical staff?

I'm willing to help if there is no profit expectation or a serious non-profit (taxation) reason for this project.

This is Marx Brothers makes video?

PS: Sorry for the rant but the level of expenditure on equipment leads one to expect a clue, or a technical staff. Some of us make a small business rescuing the high end (rich but ignorant yacht client).

But if you are employed and are expected to know HD video production, you need to pay the full rate.

PS: Sorry again, times are hard. If you face poverty tell us your story.
    Last edited by edDV; 6th Jul 2010 at 21:59.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Is this a serious project? You have no technical staff?

I'm willing to help if there is no profit expectation or a serious non-profit (taxation) reason for this project.

This is Marx Brothers makes video?

PS: Sorry for the rant but the level of expenditure on equipment leads one to expect a clue, or a technical staff. Some of us make a small business rescuing the high end (rich but ignorant yacht client).

But if you are employed and are expected to know HD video production, you need to pay the full rate.

PS: Sorry again, times are hard. If you face poverty tell us your story.
    i dont have technical staff

non serious profit.

im makin my fren wedding video. convert it to blu-ray using my camcoder sony XDcam

so i just wanna know what is the best format video in blu ray

thank for helping
    Quote Quote