VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

when using DVD Flick to convert/burn an avi I get the following error-

"ffmpeg.exe-Application Error. The instruction at 0x00738930 referenced memory at 0x019f51e0. The memory could not be written."
    any ideas of whats causing this error? I've tried different avi files all with the same result!

many thanks
    Last edited by psy93; 6th Jul 2010 at 12:37.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    While I do not know what that error means, have you tried other software like The Film Machine or FAVC to convert avi's to DVD? I have found FAVC w/ HCEnc to give excellent results. Just a thought...
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by louv68 View Post
    While I do not know what that error means, have you tried other software like The Film Machine or FAVC to convert avi's to DVD? I have found FAVC w/ HCEnc to give excellent results. Just a thought...
    thanks for that, will give FAVC a try!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    downloaded FAVC and followed the guide at https://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC#guides but alas I get an error at around 35% of converting "
    HCenc_023.exe-Application Error The instruction The instruction at 0x00452df2 referenced memory at 0x00006a91. The memory could not be read." Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    Clicking on Cancel just shuts down the programme!

will try The Film Machine next
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    favc hasn't been updated in ages. AVS2DVD is what you need to look at and it is actively supported by it's developer.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717 View Post
    favc hasn't been updated in ages. AVS2DVD is what you need to look at and it is actively supported by it's developer.

thanks,

just tried The Film Machine and get another bloody error
    HCenc_023.exe-Application Error The instruction at 0x00459eb8 referenced memory at 0x00000060. The memory could not be read." Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    Last edited by psy93; 6th Jul 2010 at 09:33.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    tried AVS2DVD and same again!!!!!
    HCenc_023.exe-Application Error The instruction at 0x0040413e referenced memory at 0x00000020. The memory could not be read." Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    is the avi corrupt? Does it play in a media player like mpc or vlc?
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM

yes, I've tried 3 different avi files that all work with VLC, might be time to see how far this computer will fly

just started AVS2DVD on another computer and transferred the avi's to it, so will see what happens
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    This may only be relevant in a very general way, but I've run into all sorts of wonky results from presumably-bad video files. I've found AVIs that cause any app that opens them to choke and die -- even MediaInfo. Just had a WMV that seemed to play o.k. in at least some players, but came out through CX2D playing skewed on a sharply diagonal scrolling axis. (Never seen that one before !)

I am reasonably sure I have the necessary codecs, in most cases.

A good clue is if you have 4 or 5 players, and only one of them -- most likely VLC -- can play the video at all.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    This may only be relevant in a very general way, but I've run into all sorts of wonky results from presumably-bad video files. I've found AVIs that cause any app that opens them to choke and die -- even MediaInfo. Just had a WMV that seemed to play o.k. in at least some players, but came out through CX2D playing skewed on a sharply diagonal scrolling axis. (Never seen that one before !)

I am reasonably sure I have the necessary codecs, in most cases.

A good clue is if you have 4 or 5 players, and only one of them -- most likely VLC -- can play the video at all.

the avi's play in windows media player, cyberlink powerdvd, vlc & quicktime alternative!

am trying The Film Machine on a different computer now and it has gone further than ever without an error message but HCenc is telling me that the time left on pass 1 is 4:15:30
    Quote Quote