VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have some videos that I want to play on my Media play that I have connected to me TV, but in order to play them, I need to change the profile from High@L5.1 to at least High@L4.1.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I managed to get it to work by using tsMuxer to demux it and it had this nifty option to change it, and then remuxed it with mkvtoolnix. tsMuxer doesn't seem to have support for soft-subs.

Is there a way to just do this in one easy step using mxktoolnix?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Note that remuxing like you did doesn't change the properties of the encoded video, just the flag that says what level was used when encoding. If the video really uses 5.1 features the 4.1 player will choke when it hits those features (too many reference frames, too high a bitrate, etc).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    OK, I tried the XMedia Recode program and it somehow changed the font color of the subtitles to GREEN. I didn't select any options to change the color and I don't understand what happened. Help?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I created a tool to change H264/AVC IDC profile level easily.

I called it H264LevelEditor, it's free and can be found here:
    http://coolsoft.altervista.org/h264leveleditor
    Quote Quote  
  5. change the level then either add the sub inside the container when you mux or keep it in the same folder with the same name either your player supports soft subs or not
    Quote Quote