VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, all

I'm new to video and a bit confused, i want to shoot video that will be mostly uploaded to the web, i have a camcorder that shoots interlaced, however, looking around it seems i should be shooting in progressive for web video as converting interlaced to progressive will effect video quality.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards
    Rank
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    computer monitors are progressive so yes it is easier and will result in better video if it is shot progressive. time for a new camera?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Disagree,
    shot interlaced, then use deinterlace while conversion and you have 50/60p instead of 25/30p.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Disagree,
    shot interlaced, then use deinterlace while conversion and you have 50/60p instead of 25/30p.
    If you do that you're removing half your temporal video info. If its just for the web, shoot progressive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videopoo View Post
    Disagree,
    If you do that you're removing half your temporal video info. If its just for the web, shoot progressive.
    Depends how you deinterlace. Bob* and various motion adaptive modes produce a 59.94p result.

If picture quality and large screen display aren't an issue now or in the future, shoot 30p (29.97p actually). 30p is good for today's web uplink and for certain effects modes where the picture element will be composited into a larger frame.

* a pure Bob has flicker or shimmer issues for low motion frames. Smart deinterlacers switch modes on a pixel block basis based on motion vectors.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote