Hi guys.

I could really use an helping hand. If anyone else here has worked with this DV camera (or similar models in the same family) it would be awsome. My camera captures at 720x576. Anyways, when capping raw DV .avi clips, I notice how the far left edge gets some sort of yellow shimmer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2447czr.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2493

Is this normal??? Or have I somehow damaged my camera? Some people say that PAL D1 is actually 704x576 active pixels, i.e. the far out 16 pixels is therefor not to be trusted.

However, this leads me to the follow-up question, which PAR value is correct to use? Is it 16:15 or 12:11? If it's 12:11 then I guess I'm safe in the way that I could still get a satisfying 4:3 square pixel picture by cropping down to 704x576 and then do 12:11.

However, if the actual PAR to be used is 16:11, then I feel sort of screwed, because I will mess up the AR if I first crop 16px and then do 16:11, hence I cannot achieve proper 4:3 output if I don't start calculating and then crop top/bottom respectively, which would feel like a somewhat faulty work-around. Main question is concerning that yellow shimmer to the left. It annoys me, really.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Ty in adv~