VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I am recording European HDTV channels with a satellite receiver as TS files (transport streams). I want to author BD-Rs or AVCHD DVDs with menus from them.

I'm currently using DVR-Studio HD 2 from Haenlein Software for it.

My problem is that some HDTV channels air their programs with MPEG-2 audio tracks that are not Blu-ray compliant, so I have to demux the audio and convert it to AC3. This in itself is not a problem, but because DVR-Studio HD 2 only accepts TS and M2TS files as input, I have to remux the converted audio back into the original TS files.

I succesfully did this using the software TsMuxer. Only that 720p50 video files (some German HDTV channels broadcast in that format) heavily stutter on my Sony BDP-S350, if they have been touched by TsMuxer.

Does anyone know a different multiplexer I could use for either muxing an AC3 audio track back into an existing TS file or for creating a new TS file?

I already tried Elecard XMuxer Pro, but it also results in stuttering video on the Sony Blu-ray player. Interestingly the stutter problem doesn't exist on the PS3 of a friend.
    Quote Quote  
  2. you can try multiavchd

another possibility is your stream has problems; ps3 is more robust than most blu-ray players and can play some non compliant streams
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've already tried multiAVCHD, but it internally uses TsMuxer.

If I create a BD-R from the untouched 720p50 TS file from my satellite receiver, the Sony BDP-S350 plays it without problems. It's only when I remux it with either TsMuxer or XMuxer Pro that the video stutters. So some kind of problem seems to be introduced, but I don't know what exactly.

I think I have to find a different program for remuxing it into a TS or M2TS file. So far I couldn't find one. Are there others I could use?
    Quote Quote  
  4. the author states multiavchd uses a different muxer than tsmuxer , I think a long time ago it was based on tsmuxer

no other free options that I know of , you could use DVDA, Encore CS4/5 , Scenarist, DoStudio Authoring Studio, Blu-Print

maybe it's the ac3 stream? what did you use to convert?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    maybe it's the ac3 stream? what did you use to convert?
    I've used SUPER and on a second try I used BeLight.
    Quote Quote