VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I wonder what I going to pick inte Project Properties (Vegas), what size the file is going to work in if I have clips from two different movie camera

One save file in 1440x1080
    the other save in 1280x720
    Quote Quote  
  2. It would depend what your final format goal was , and what the majority of the project consists of (ie. is there more of 1 source than the other, or just tiny amounts of 1 or the other)

Is the 1st one HDV source?

What are the fps of the clips ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the final goal I don't know yet, maybe DVD or something else like Xvid or MP4 (streaming)

Most I going to use the first camera but some scene I going to use the other.

The first camera is HDV

And I have just see that the first one have 25 fps but the other one is 29.970 fps

Not so good
    Quote Quote  
  4. You have an issue with frame rates - this is going to be problematic; you will have "ghosting" (blurry) or frame duplication (jerky) or frame decimation (jerky) in some sections when you intercut , depending whether you choose resampling on/off in the options

The HDV is interlaced so 50i (50 fields per second, 25 frames per second)

The 2nd is 29.97 frames per second (but you never mentioned if it was progressive or interlaced)

In order to get them to match, you either drop frames, or duplicate frames, or blend frames. Neither is ideal
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it was Progressive

yes I know, hmm not so good, my HDV is a very very good camera but also big.
    My other camera is tiny but good too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked the settings on both your cameras? Depending on the cameras there can be options to adjust framerates and adjust resolutions, this way you may be able to find a common format.

As it is i'd probably setup a 720 timeline and prior to importing, convert my footage so that framerates match.

This also allows for some reframing to be done with your 1080 footage if you want to, you'd have to resize it to fit, but because of this the resolution is there to make framing adjustments in post.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mmm yes, I was thinking it maybe not so hard but when it is not same framerate and that is a big problem.

Have to see what I going to do, maybe get myself another camera for my second camera instead that have 25 fps
    That I have no for second camera is a cheap but nice AIPTEK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are your two cameras ? What are you looking to use them for ? As far as good quality ultra small HD cameras theres the GoProHD camera that is just stunning (but not that cheap) so depends on what you want to do with it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have a very good Sony HDR-FX1 camera that I use to recording almost everything
    But I can't buy another one but sometime I like to have more then one camera when I recording so I can get more
    different angle.
    And the Sony is big so maybe something small that I can easy take with me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    Well I have a very good Sony HDR-FX1 camera that I use to recording almost everything
    But I can't buy another one but sometime I like to have more then one camera when I recording so I can get more
    different angle.
    And the Sony is big so maybe something small that I can easy take with me.
    If your goal is multi-cam editing, get another HDV format cam. Small consumer HDV cams are highly affordable. I've mixed Sony FX1/Z1U with Canon HV and Sony HC models with satisfactory results.

Audio is a major concern for multi-cam planning. I usually set one of the cams as the wide shot on a tripod and record the continuous audio tracks to that. Often audio is from a mixer board or multiple wireless mics. Then I use the mobile cam(s) for close shots. The wide shot is always there to cut to.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote