VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying to rip a DVD contaning several titles

However all ripping tools can only find title nr 1

Is this infornation in the IFO files ?

Should i edit these files to remedy my problem ?

help plz..............
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure it has multiple titles ? Many (poorly) authored TV series have a single title and use chapter stops and playlists to allow the menu to address the disc as if it has many titles. if this is the case, rip the disc to your HDD using DVDFab HD Decrypter, then use DVD Shrink in Re-Author mode to extract a single chunk from the main title. Just drag the title from the right to the left hand pane, then right-click on the title and select the Set Start/End Frames option to isolate the section you want. Output this to a new folder and repeat for each "title".

Note : If you have AnyDVD running int he background then you could use DVD Shrink directly and do this in one pass.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try to rip it, but i only sees one single title that is 2 mins long

The works fine on a standalone player. There u can clearly see that
    it has several titles

But all the ripping tools only see one of the titles,
    in other words, i cant rip it ...................
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What ripping tools are you using ? You are obviously doing something wrong, or mis-reading what the tools are telling you
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you should be using vobblanker...rip it with dvdfab hd or anydvd in file mode, then open it up in vobblanker and use the main title in "cell" mode and you'll be able to see all the stops...u can blank all the ones u want or keep all the ones u want
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I'm having this problem too; running HandBrake 64-bit Version 0.9.4 on a MacBook Pro.

I'm trying to rip the behind-the-scenes featurettes off of the Alien 3 Collector's Edition Bonus Disc (there are 11 featurettes, all are 8-24 minutes each), but of the 8 titles on the disc, only 4 are detected by HandBrake, and 2 of those are the featurettes I want (the other two are a bonus trailer and a short artwork feature).

These Alien series discs are pretty sophisticated, so it doesn't surprise me there are titles that don't show up on programs like HandBrake, but where are all of these other featurettes? What programs, on a Mac, can help me find and rip them? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by moulinrouge View Post
    I'm having this problem too; running HandBrake 64-bit Version 0.9.4 on a MacBook Pro.

I'm trying to rip the behind-the-scenes featurettes off of the Alien 3 Collector's Edition Bonus Disc (there are 11 featurettes, all are 8-24 minutes each), but of the 8 titles on the disc, only 4 are detected by HandBrake, and 2 of those are the featurettes I want (the other two are a bonus trailer and a short artwork feature).

These Alien series discs are pretty sophisticated, so it doesn't surprise me there are titles that don't show up on programs like HandBrake, but where are all of these other featurettes? What programs, on a Mac, can help me find and rip them? Thanks!
    Well....Handbrake isn't a "ripper"...it's an encoder/transcoder......and Handbrake does not remove any copy protections.
    You'll need to rip the disc to your hard drive first, then pick off the pieces you need after that. The only ripper I know of for Mac is Mac The Ripper....but there are probably a few more.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, rookie mistake, misusing the "rip" term. I used RipIt to rip the disc to my computer, but as far as encoding the featurettes, what's another Mac program that can get through copy protection and help me "pick off the pieces" I need?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'd have a look in the Mac section:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/17-Mac

RipIt may have taken care of the copy protection....not sure how up-to-date it is.
    DVD is MPEG2 so "encoding" may not be necessary....especially if you just want to make
    another DVD with just the pieces you want. "Encoding" lessens the quality...no ifs, ands or buts about it.
    Quote Quote