VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK, I've been having terrible trouble getting flac converted into a format I can use in AVI files. I properly extracted these audio files from MKV files using MKVExtract. VirtualDub can't convert them since it's 6ch, Switch Sound File Converter can convert it but does it improperly (the resulting file is not only huge but 3-4 times longer than the original, and while I can convert it to WAV it's still 6ch and trying to convert it to MP3 doesn't work with that either. I am stumped on what I can do further because it seems that everything just isn't working.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Media Monkey.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dbPower Amp... Look for Version 10... It's the last free version.
    Quote Quote  
  4. None of those solutions work. BeHappy needs the bassAudio plugin for AVISynth and the official site for that plugin is down. Without it I keep getting error messages in BeHappy so I just gave up on that. Didn't feel like searching Google to perhaps find the plugin. MediaMonkey converts the file wrong. I have to downmix from 6ch to 2ch, which I probably should have mentioned in the OP. I can't convert it using dbPowerAmp. Yes, I'm aware that I need the plugin to do so; however, the plugin only works on version 12 and above which are not free versions. I tried using it on version 10 but it just doesn't work.

In the end I found a solution using AVISynth (not surprised since I usually find a way to do it with AVISynth). Found a way to just downmix the audio in the AVISynth file and VirtualDub is able to convert it properly after that. Kinda surprised it would work that easily since it seemed that I would need a plugin to use FLAC files. It's taking FOREVER to convert these files, but at least they'll get done now.

Thanks for the suggestions, even if they didn't work out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    eac3to.exe + lame.exe
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    eac3to.exe + lame.exe

Or as another option, if your system/sound drivers support 'what u hear' you could just record the flac or wav file, try Audacity..Export to mp3..Done!..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote