VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy,

I have a movie on DVD and I want to rip it to a file (any format will do, e.g. AVI, MPG), with the audio in Spanish, and with burned-in subtitles in English.

There are many guides out there for accomplishing a part of this request, but there seems to be only one for accomplishing the entire thing. The software recommended is called DVDx and it does have an impressive set of options for choosing the audio language. So I tried DVDx, but it keeps crashing.

When I try to accomplish the task in steps using the various afore-mentioned guides, I find that I'm forced to rip it with audio in English and no subtitles.

Any suggestions or links?

Thnx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    See the many guides for demuxing a DVD. You want the video and subtitles as separate files.

Then load the video (MPEG) into Avidemux, choose your output format (eg AVI), configure that and then in "filters" select subtitles and your subtitle file (Sub + IDX).
    Choose an audio format (eg MP3).

Then save.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 24th Jun 2010 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or AutoGK. Decrypt just the movie to the hard drive (DVD Decrypter or DVDFab HD Decrypter). Open the IFO in AutoGK, choose the audio language and subtitle language, choose the other few settings, and let 'er rip.
    Quote Quote