VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have a avi video clip i'm going to convert to DVD. But the clip has background hiss,white noise,static call it what you will.

What converting software would be best to use to filter sound out or lower it?

Thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It would be much better try fix that in a sound editor like audacity, goldwave, adobe audition.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick

It would be much better try fix that in a sound editor like audacity, goldwave, adobe audition.
    Do you know of a tutorial for audacity or goldwave showing how to this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For Audacity, look here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/ Removing hiss or low frequency rumble is mostly a function of the Low/High pass filters. Using either one may remove part of the sound quality also, so it's mostly just trial and error. I'm sure Goldwave has similar tutorials.

With Audacity, you can test with a small part of the audio clip, then if it's not right, just start over with no changes in the original file. The Audacity noise filter is more useful with repetitive noise, like 60Hz hum or similar. It uses a short section of silence from the file to set the filtering level.
    Quote Quote