VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have nearly tweaked every setting I want for a avchd project I've been working on. Thanks to a previous thread the main proponent (possibly the creator? I don't know for sure) gave direction on how to set the background video for a full motion menu for the background and the thumbnails themselves. That worked perfectly and I appreciate the insight.

There are two small things I'd like to accomplish before I can get this project 100% the way I want it - and one itsy bitsy addition I'd like to make possible.

The main thing being:

How do you position the thumbnail without using the x/y coordinate system on the menu tab?

I'd like to resize the thumbnail to cover a portion of the background video. Basically I want to make the thumbnail the same size as a box that is in the background video. I don't know what that coordinate position is on the video. Is there a simple graphical way to simply grab the thumbnail image and restretch it to fit the shape I want without using the coordinate system?

Also is there a way to remove the word PLAY for the play button and simply make the thumbnail itself the play button? The reason for asking is I'd like to not have any additional wording on the screen. I have it customized to the point where play is the only thing on the screen besides the background video and the thumbnail. I'd like to just have the thumbnail be the only visible entity on top of the background video. Thus selecting the thumbnail will start the video. Can I do this in multiavchd? If so, how?

One last little question. I want to loop the background video but I don't want it truncated. I just want it to start and run its complete duration and start over. Also how do I select the background videos audio as the audio for the background video? Should I leave it as default?

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the advice from the previous threads. This project is coming along better than I could have hoped. I still have to assemble more assets for this project. But since I am using all the same settings for each video I'm using there is no reencoding involved on multiavhcds part from what I can tell. That means even with motion menus the processing time is lightning quick even on my aging dual core pc.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, I'm the author of multiAVCHD.

You can remove the PLAY label by simple erasing it in MENU/Buttons/Labels.

You can use the audio from video clip for motion background - multiAVCHD asks you if it detects audio track in the file.

Motion background is looped every 32 seconds. XMB menu style supports user duration for the background. Slide/Carousel don't - 32 seconds only.

There is no way to move the title thumbnail freely, but if you use X/Y offset setting and PREVIEW the menu - you can get the idea where it will be. Thumbnail size cannot be changed. At least not at the moment.

Dean
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MultiAVCHD truly is a fantastic tool. I understand making it as standardized as possible to cut down on complexity, however there is one feature I would like to see implemented. Could you let the user select his own 1st play video to play before the menu instead of a Welcome screen?

This should be easy to implement. There was an old version that would let me do this by swapping out the completed files after the BD structure was created, but that version expired 15 days later...........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nothing is changed there. You can still replace the welcome-screen video (80000.m2ts) and its 80000.clpi + 00252.mpls.

I may try to implement video+audio user selection for welcome screen, like it is with the main menu background.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD]multiavchd[/url]
    Yes, I'm the author of multiAVCHD.
    Thank you for the great program and the assistance.

Originally Posted by [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD]multiavchd[/url]
    You can remove the PLAY label by simple erasing it in MENU/Buttons/Labels.
    So if I understand correctly simply by erasing the play command in the menu tab the thumbnail then becomes the play button by default?

Originally Posted by multiavchd
    Motion background is looped every 32 seconds. XMB menu style supports user duration for the background. Slide/Carousel don't - 32 seconds only.
    I should have mentioned I was using the xmb template and modifying that. So I would select user defined or how would I tell it to use the length of the video and then loop?

There is no way to move the title thumbnail freely, but if you use X/Y offset setting and PREVIEW the menu - you can get the idea where it will be. Thumbnail size cannot be changed. At least not at the moment.
    I did see in MS Paint there is a coordinate positioning in the lower left of the program. I screen capped a still of the motion menu I'm using. Where should I use the coordinates from MS paint? The thumbnail is actually pretty close to where I want it to be. What I want is to lower it slightly in more or less the center of the screen. I also want to stretch it diagonally to fill a larger part of the screen.

Edit - ok so you are saying than that the thumbnail itself can not be enlarged or reduced in size but only manuevered around the screen? That is ok then if I can't do that. It would have been neat but not a deal breaker.

Is trial and error the best way to go about this?

You're help is definitely appreciated. This is a fun project and I've nearly got the presentation I want set. I just need to process more clips before I'm totally done.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is a drop-down with [0 - Use as is] - it will keep the original video duration.

X/Y coordinates can be changed in MENU/General tab.

Removing the text "PLAY" will make it disappear from the menu page. Still you will get a small navigation square as a button.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Removing the text "PLAY" will make it disappear from the menu page. Still you will get a small navigation square as a button.
    That will work just fine. I just want to limit on screen text on the menu screen.

There is a drop-down with [0 - Use as is] - it will keep the original video duration.
    Perfect. That will also loop correct?

X/Y coordinates can be changed in MENU/General tab.
    Thanks. I saved my project layout from last night so it won't be difficult to make these adjustments.

I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bump!

Well I got back into this project. After a little tweaking and trial and error I GOT IT!

I was able to center the thumbnail over the box that was on the background video.

I was also able to check the do not trim box so the video would play its full duration.

As for the audio in the background I wasn't sure how to select it from video file. I tried user defined and selecting the original video file. That didn't seem to work on a test encode. So I finally decided to demux the audio from the background video file and WALLA! I have full background video with its original audio! SWEET!

Thank you multiavchd! I really appreciate the guidance here.

I was also able to delete the word play from the onscreen menu as you suggested by simply deleting the word play from the button setup tab.

There are only TWO minor, minor changes that I would love to make to this menu and I'd have it 100% the way I want it (now it is 99.5% there).

One - No play button - just play by selecting the thumbnail - so there are no additional graphics on the menu aside from background and thumbnail

Two - the ability to resize the thumbnail larger or smaller than the default setting.

Those are just two minor minor suggestions for altering a wonderful wonderful program.

Thanks again multiavchd.

I have saved my current setting as a project file. All I have to do is finish my assets so I can get the final program layed out. I'll simply replace the main play video with the completed project file and commence the final encode. I'm still aways away from that - 36 total clips to edit and merge in addition to a few behind the scenes segments I have yet to process.

I appreciate the help
    Quote Quote