VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my first post so please bear with me. I did look to see if there similar type problems out there in the forum but couldnt find any.

I'm using Ripbot and associated software Avisynth, Matroska and FFD Show to rip Blu Rays and the process seems to be working just fine except for there are artifacts appearing on the screen at various phases of the movie. (every minute for a few seconds)

Here's the confusing part - when I view the converted MP4 file (3.5 GB) on my PC using VLC there are no artifacts present. When I view a MKV file (23 GB) on my PC using VLC there are artifacts. ALso, when I copy the same MP4 file to a DVD RW (I"ve used several to ensure it's not the disk) and try to view it on my home theater Blu Ray player I also see artificats. Same applies after writing the MKV file to a BD RW.
    I've did not alter any of the settings on Ripbot, except the mode, which I did change once from CQ to 2-pass to copy a movie but have since changed it back to default - CQ. Does anyone have any diea why this is happening. I've read in some forums where there might be an issue with Quad Core CPU's not being able to handle the workload for Ripbot. The process of ripping takes up to 4 hours for MP4 (3.5GB) and 10 hours for MKV (23 GB). I"ve also recently restored my PC in the event that there might have been some conflicting software installed. Help greatly appreciated -
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you describe those artifacts? Blocks? Image freezings etc?

What profile are you using in ripbot264? Try use 4.1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You will have to upload some samples (MP4 and MKV). Use DGSplit. Send 50mb samples to www.mediafire.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    I'm using version 1.15.0 (not sure what you mean by 'profile' - can you elaborate??) and the artifacts are more of a pixel distorsion than freezing or blocks.

Break:

Atak_Snajpera - how can I split the MP4/MKV file to send you a sample???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you describe those artifacts? Blocks? Image freezings etc?

What profile are you using in ripbot264? Try use 4.1.

Baldrick,
    I'm using version 1.15.0 (not sure what you mean by 'profile' - can you elaborate??) and the artifacts are more of a pixel distorsion than freezing or blocks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    You will have to upload some samples (MP4 and MKV). Use DGSplit. Send 50mb samples to www.mediafire.com

Atak_Snajpera - I'll need to download and get familiar with DGSplit - but as I mentioned in my reply to Baldrick the artifacts are more pixel distorsion than blocking or freezing - a portion of the screen will distort pixels when transitioning to a new frame (if that makes sense?)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Without samples it is like predicting future from leaves
    Quote Quote