VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've started having problems with subtitles in DVDLab Pro. All subtitles in the subtitle file are fine, with proper time codes, and so on. However, after I generate the DVD files, some subtitles overlap. That is, the same subtitle is shown twice, or even three times instead of the one following it. For example, I have a subtitle at, let's say, 00:01:01:000 "Let's go". Then, instead of the next one, 01:04:001 "Ok, then", "Let's go" comes up again. Also, I tried to see whether the problem was with Direct VobSub, and tried to run Direct VobSub Configure. It won't run, and I get the error message "there was a problem in initializing dvobsub.ax. Module not found" (or something like it, my Windows in in Portuguese). I tried to reinstall both VobSub and VSFilter and the same error message keeps coming up. I never had this problem before. I'm running DVDLab Pro 2.5 on Windows 7 Home Basic on a 64-bit computer. Subtitles are generated from .srt or .ass files (the same problem happens with any of them.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there.

Basic question:

what version of DVD-lab Pro you're using?

Also: SFAIK, DirectVobSub means "Vsfilter.dll" (maybe my knowledge is outdated),
    which doesn't support "DVD subtitles" ( = .SUP streams). However ffdshow does support
    .SUP streams (even though "b0rkedly"). Anyway, and most importantly,

does your hardware DVD-player display the subtitles correctly ???
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using DVDLab Pro 2.5. I also have ffdshow installed from the CCCP pack. Also, the problem happens when I play the files on my computer or on my dvd player. I can test them on another dvd an see if the same problem keeps happening. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ps.: noted down all subs that showed problems in one of the movies in the dvd (it's an anime) and played it on my pc. It's not a random error of the player, because exactly all subs showed the same problem on both the pc and the player.
    Quote Quote