VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know some tools to detect which angle is correct for my language (italian in my case).

I want to know which is correct title in a bluray, when i try to rip main movie only.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Have you found a tool or a solution ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm a little unsure of what you're requesting in your message...

DVDs & Blu-rays both have support for multiple streams of Video, Audio & Subtitle.

For Audio & Subtitle streams, each stream CAN be designated by a language code (it's expected, but still optional for each producer).
    "Angles" refers to Video streams. Video streams DO NOT have corresponding language codes associated with them.

So to ask "which angle corresponds to which language" is impossible to know by its structure alone. You might be able to see if there are some visual cues which might tell you, but other than that you're SOL.

I'm guessing that "ANGLE" isn't really what you were wanting to refer to here. Assuming it is Audio or Subtitle, the appropriate app should be able to see which language code matches with which stream. For example, DVD Shrink will open a DVD or DVD Image and show you a list of the audio streams and their languages. If the producer hasn't gone to the trouble of adding the language code, you will see "Unspecified" (or something similar) matched to that audio stream. In that case, you're again SOL.

Maybe a fansite might have those stream mappings listed somewhere...?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I speak for myself angles, specifically the playlists for Bluray.
    For example, I use BD Rebuilder with my Bluray Avatar, and I have 2 playlists that have the same duration and same chapters (about 162mn). Their names are 802.mpls and 852.mpls. How to know the difference between the two?
    Thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't know anything from the Playlists. Look at which assets the playlists are referring to (and their corresponding "clip info" files): that's where you'll get that info.

Example:
    Playlist #1 uses 1st 5 minutes of title1, then full 90 minutes of title2.
    Look at clip info files of title1 & title2 to see what audio streams and their corresponding language codes are.

Still, you won't find anything in Playlist about ANGLES, like I said.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With what software can I see this information on a Bluray?
    I'm talking about information from your example, what can I see which assets the playlists are referring to ?
    Thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for this tool but I don't see any difference between the 2 playlists... Same duration, same chapters, same global size, same M2TS used...
    Quote Quote