VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a large (nearly 300 MB) MOV file that was made on a Mac with Quicktime. I am only able to hear the audio; and not see the video on my PC. I believe the problem is that the file has the iCod codec, which isn't available for PC. I was wondering if anyone would be able to:

1) tell me how to convert using a PC
    2) be able to convert the file and send it back to me in a PC-readable format

I am somewhat familiar with this technology, but but no means am I advanced. That is why I'm coming here to get information from the experts. Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1) you can't . ICOD is the fourcc for Apple Intermediate Codec. It's one of the few that are completely incompatible with PCs

2) On a Mac, you could use uncompressed, animation codec, png => these will all be wrapped in .mov container. Then if you have quicktime or quicktime alternative you should be able to read them
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried quicktime pro or mpeg streamclip?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Poison:
    1) I kinda figured that was the case
    2) sorry, I'm not really following that. I was basically asking if someone would take the file and convert it for me and then send me the converted file.
    Thank you for your help though

Baldrick:
    I tried Quicktime Pro (managed to get a refund from Apple after it didn't work ) but I haven't heard of mpeg streamclip. I will give that a shot if I cannot find someone in the forum who wants to convert it for me on their Mac.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I figured out a way that seems to work in them must do situations...

(1) - Change the extension from .dv to .avi
    (2) - Convert the file using Handbrake to Mp4

You will be compressing your video so only do this if you have no other way...

THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY!!!
    Quote Quote