VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I'm pleased to join this forum

I've never done any video-editing and would like to ask for some help with a project at work.

We're gonna record a professor giving a lecture. Then, we'll need to insert images (PowerPoint slides, tables, figures, etc.) into the video so that they replace/cover a fragment of the video, but the sound has to play in the background. Then the slide/image has to disappear and we'll watch the person speaking again. I'm not sure if I'm clear enough, but have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqtDPCWK-ak

2:40-4:00

In the video above, slides appear and disappear while to voice is still playing and the original video disappears and reappears, without losing the synchro with the sounds.

Do you think you could help? What program shall I use?

Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any non-linear editor will let you do this - Vegas/Premiere etc (consumer or pro versions). if you want to do it for free, you could probably use the Logo filter in virtualdub with blending curves and keyframes.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you very much for your quick response! I'm gonna check those programs out and let you know about the results.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've done it successfully with Sony Vegas, quite easy after all, so I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for help!
    Quote Quote