VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a Spanish AVI movie file and an English .sub subtitle file for it. The movie plays OK and the subtitles show up, but they're way too big for my taste.

I've tried to find a good description of the .sub file structure, but can't. I know that .sub files are plain text files, but I can't see where the font size is indicated in the file. The file starts off {1}{1}25.000, which I am guessing is fps, since there's no need to declare font size to the nearest 1000th.

All I want to do is make the font size smaller with an idiot's text editor like Notepad. Is it possible?

TIA.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you play it? You should be able to change the sub size for text subtitles in your player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use Winamp and ffdshow (tryouts revision 3355 dated April 11 2010). I found the subtitle size and position settings in the ffdshow video decoder configuration. I'll have to set the subtitle settings one way for this video and back to the default way for all my other AVI videos. So it goes. Thanks for the reply. Hope this helps others.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution.
    Quote Quote