VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello video people. I need insight.

How do you get a Hauppauge HD PVR connected to a PC;
    - using a HDTV as its primarily monitor
    - will the sound be in-sync to real time gameplay?
    - my video card is GTX260 with twin DVI-D ports (one is in use for HDTV connection)
    - what adapter will I need please link picture or website.

can someone draw me a picture please. when I Google it I just find tons of xbox/ps3 help pages witch don't interest me.

I just want to record PC game-play without lag.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here's an overview:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

And support stuff, including a pdf manual:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr.html

1) The HD-PVR sits between the input and your HDTV, and records to your PC via USB. Component cables are supplied with the unit, a USB cable, power unit, and a decent capture program (TME). All you need.
    2) To record game play, you need to use "pass through", which simply passes the unaltered signal from input to HDTV. If you view the (in-process recording) output from your PC, there will be a delay. No need to worry about sync, so long as you capture to a dedicated (non-OS) drive.
    3) I use a DVI --> HDMI cable to connect PC --> HDTV. Since your PC is already connected to your HDTV, there you are. But you need component inputs on your HDTV for pass-through.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Good luck.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 14th Jun 2010 at 09:22.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's funny. I typed "Hauppauge HD PVR"into Google, and the very first link is directly to to manufacturer's site, with all of the product info that you could possibly need.
    Are you absolutely sure that you did a search?
    Quote Quote