VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I have updated to the latest firmware and have changed the .mkv extension to .avi but the files just play a black screen which forces me to restart my Philips BDP2500. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jimbo45uk View Post
    I have updated to the latest firmware and have changed the .mkv extension to .avi but the files just play a black screen which forces me to restart my Philips BDP2500. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
    may be you have some problem with the movie type, check it with player specs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimbo45uk View Post
    I have updated to the latest firmware and have changed the .mkv extension to .avi but the files just play a black screen which forces me to restart my Philips BDP2500. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
    Install MediaInfo and post the information here from the problem file. I'll make a guess that maybe it has header stripping.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by marxveix View Post
    If you change end of the filename to avi, then it can play those mkv files. I already sucsessfully flashed my bdp2500/12 to bdp3000/12 and now it plays mediafiles from usb, but the small philips display can not show normal text (you can still use info button from remote control). Everything else works as before

Service manual for 2500/12
    http://www.upload.ee/files/835807/philips_bdp2500_sm__ET_.pdf.html

Service manual for 3000/12
    http://www.upload.ee/files/835814/philips_bdp_3000_sm__ET_.pdf.html

As you can see from service manuals, both players use same main and power board and share mt8520 chip. bdp2500/12 just has less features. To flash bdp3000/12 firmware to bdp2500/12 just rename bigger bdp3000/12 bin filename as bigger bdp2500/12 bin file and use it with original bdp2500/12 smaller bin file. All other steps to flash are as usual. I used same version firmware files from both players (latest right now is 1015.1). NB! It is your own risk to crossflash philips bdp2500/12 and i am not responsible for unsucsessfull flash.

My first post

MarxVeix
    How can return my bd to the original 2500?i got some trouble after crossflah to 3000/12,the tv screen flashes wen use with hdmi and some light switch is put`n on or off.
    Quote Quote