VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't seem to find a program that will allow this. Anyone available to offer help?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried imgburn?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn or even DVD Decrypter will let you change the name of the disc in the ISo before burning
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried Imgburn 3 times and can't seem to locate where I add the name of the disc. Would you mind giving me a hint? I also tried DVD decrypter. I'll load it up again and give it a go too.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. you can use an image editor like Ultraiso or magiciso to edit the name or else and save it back to ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I tried Ultra ISO and I think I named the Cd correctly. I right clicked next to the Cd image and chose rename. At that point, I typed the new name in. I then burned it, but it's still not working. The DVD player won't read it.

I'm so frustrated at this point that I thought I would just post the instructions for updating the firmware for my portable DVD player and see it anyone has any ideas. I did try to burn the .bin file originally, but couldn't find a program to do so. I looked around on the internet and read that I need to convert it to an .iso file. I did that, but I'm beginning to think that is wrong. So I guess, according to the instructions, I need to find a program that will allow me to burn a .bin file to a disc and name the disc as well.

How to upload the software to your device

1. Unzip the file and then burn this "PHILIPS.BIN" file into CD-ROM using the following setting"
    - File System CD-ROM ISO Level 2
    - Mode 1/2/XA
    - Character set ISO 9660
    - Finalized, single session
    - Write speed slow (e.g. 2x, 4x)

2. CD-ROM disc name must be "PHILIPS" (otherwise it will not be recognized as a disc for upgrade)

3. Power on the portable DVD player with AC/DC adaptor. (Warning: Do not use the battery alone!)

4. Keep the OSD language setting at ��English�� (Warning: It��s important!!)

5. Play the CD-ROM for upgrade. They player will automatically upgrade after pressing "OK" by remote control
    (Warning: Do not unplug the AC/DC adaptor during SW upgrade to prevent flash corrupt of the player!)

6. Once upgrade is completed, the player will restart automatically and you will observe PHILIPS LOGO on the screen
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did you write the names in capital letters? Did you finalize the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did capitalize the name. I don't see an option to finalize the disc in Ultra ISO. I select Tools>Burn CD DVD. I change write speed to 4X and then browse and select the iso file located on my computer. I then select "burn."
    Quote Quote  
  9. In ImgBurn, load the image in Write mode and right click where the current volume label gets displayed and select 'Change'.

or

'Tools' menu -> ISO -> Change volume label.

You can't just specify a new name at the time of burning, that's not how burning an ISO works. The file system within the ISO holds the volume label so you have to update numerous descriptors (in various sectors) in order to change it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. In UltraIso when you changed the name you need to save as or save to update and create new ISO so new name will go into effect. Imgburn solution is easier.
    Quote Quote