VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I've just bought a lenco portable dvd player DVP-931. The manual states it supports MPEG4.

However the .mp4 movie file I've got doesn't play.
    Can you again explain the steps I need to take to get this movie play on my player ?
    Either as an mpeg4, or if possible (?) as a DVD-Video ?

PS. I'm using WinFF.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    edh - You're new here so welcome, but in general we don't like it when people hijack threads like you did. Technically speaking the original thread title was about playing MP4 files on portable DVD players, but the thread was actually specific to a LOGIK brand player. Really we would have preferred that you made a new thread. Also, in general we don't like it when people add unnecessarily to threads more than 6 months old. If you've got an answer to a question that no one has answered, such as a DVD player region unlock code, that's fine, but your post added nothing to the original thread.

Anyway, look at guns1inger's thread. Again, when many DVD players say they support "MPEG4" this does NOT mean MP4. It means AVI files that were encoded with Divx or Xvid. We have tools and guides that can help you converting whatever you've got to Divx/Xvid or DVD as you prefer. You might be interested in a program like ConvertXtoDVD. Many like it, but there are other options available. Take a look under Tools and Guides for what you want to do. I know nothing about WinFF but there are guides available apparently.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, sorry. I thought the thread was in general about playing mp4 file on portable dvd players and how to convert to a format that the player understands. I didn't spot that in the end it was specifically about a particular player and I didn't know mp4 was different than mpeg4, so I learned something.
    Thanks,
    EDH
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    edh, I've moved your posts to a new thread where you may get more answers.

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ok, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi edh
    I was a bit confused that my old thread was resurrected! Anyway, if you are still in need of help with this, reply back and I'll give you details of what worked for me and how you can get winff to do it. I suspect you need the same format that I did.
    David
    Quote Quote