VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Samsung HD, model LN-T4665F. I started having a problem about a year ago with it taking longer for the TV to come on. The red light is on and it clicks and makes the musical sound. It started taking up to 10 min to come on. The last month we never turned it off, we let it go into sleep mode. Some accidently turned it off, now it won't come on at all. It continue to click and make the sound. I can't even turn the TV off with the button on top. Anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same TV but (luckily) haven't seen that problem. Can you get audio out of the TV?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For lots of things electronic, pulling the plug for a few hours resets them. Probably wont help, but it's all I got other than suggesting you make a call to Samsung to see if they can help.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I unplugged the television overnight and it turned on this morning. Of course I had the pink and green pixels. I cut the TV off twice biut wa unable to get ride of all of them. I decided not to push my luck and left it alone. I am in the process of trying to find out if there is a class action case going on against Samsung since there are numerous complaints about the same problem. If any one knows about a case, please pass it along. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is it out of the 1 year warranty period? did you report it as malfunctioning to samsung within the first year? if not you've got no case. just another pile o' junk.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I unplugged the television overnight and it turned on this morning. Of course I had the pink and green pixels. I cut the TV off twice biut wa unable to get ride of all of them. I decided not to push my luck and left it alone. I am in the process of trying to find out if there is a class action case going on against Samsung since there are numerous complaints about the same problem. If any one knows about a case, please pass it along. Thanks
    Call Samsung and see if they can help or at least quote a fix.

Cost depends on which module needs replacement. If you can get them to tell you, your local LCD-TV chop shop might get you a module cheaper than Samsung's "flat rate". Consider yourself lucky. Most LCD's inverter fails first. Maybe your problem is a module in stock.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Call Samsung and see if they can help
    In my experience this takes on the form of "send it in and we'll take a look at it for ~$200. Then we'll give you a quote for repairs." And that quote is usually as much as buying a new TV.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You could try low power mode in the settings menu,the coloured pixels are usually caused by the power modulator board,its not a fix but could improve the picture quality,till you can get it fixed,ive read in some forum or other the power board can be adjusted,but i wouldnt try it yourself-can be done on LG tv,s anyway
    Quote Quote