VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I got a few DVDs from India, and since widescreen TVs are not common in India these DVD's were designed for 4:3 TVs. When I rip them using DVD Decrypter (VOB files) they rip fine and in original 4:3 TV format, from where I can zoom it to fit the screen. This is how the picture actually appears when playing right out of DVD and in the VOB file of DVD Decrypter on my 16:9 TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	2179

However when I convert it to AVI using AutoGK the picture becomes like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ripped.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	2181

See the black bars on the side have gone and the picture has become big. I want to rip these DVDs, but keep them in the original format as they appear on VOB files, as zooming makes the picture much more clearer than AutoGK. Keepin VOB files is not efficient because one of the DVDs has ripped into a 7GB file. I want to convert it into AVI but keep the picture as in original (with the black bars on the side, as in a 4:3 TV).

Is there a way I can do this using Auto GK, I have tried all permutations and combinations, by going into advance settings (Ctrl+F9) and changing things from 16:9 to 4:3 to Original and nothing worked. AutoGK always gets it done as in the second screenshot, with the black bars on the side missing and I want the black bars on the side.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,

Ali
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try disable the autocropping in autogk, CTRl+F9 and change the autocrop threshold to 0.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick.

I tried that, with several rips, but in every instance it failed to complete the Auto Gk processess. I tried to rip with MKv merge which rips it exctly in the way I want it. But it again rips in extremely large sizes. Is there anything else I can use?

Best Regards,

Ali
    Quote Quote