VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped a couple of movies recently and converted them to avi files. Both movies are complete according to my pc, but when I play the DVD on my Magnavox MWD 7006, it gets about 1.5 hrs into the movies and it just stops..like the movies have ended. I have double-checked and both of the movies are complete according to windows and both movies will play until the end on the computer. Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If its happening towards the end of the movie it sounds like its possibly bad media. Often the case of bad media is around the edges where the end of the movie would be.

Reburn to a different brand of discs. Try verbatim or go online for ty discs.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I will try. This happened on 2 different types of disks, but what the heck. You never know.

Remember.."Resistance is futile"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What size are the files ? I have a player that will happily start playing movies that are larger than 2GB, but they stop at the 2GB mark
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    What size are the files ? I have a player that will happily start playing movies that are larger than 2GB, but they stop at the 2GB mark
    This is very likely what's happening - I've run into it myself
    Quote Quote